LCNCScreen

More
06 Apr 2015 14:50 - 06 Apr 2015 14:52 #57573 by pippin88
LCNCScreen was created by pippin88
Hello all,

I think gmoccapy is a great GUI but there are a few things that don't suit me very well. I don't have a touchscreen, and I thought the interface could be cleaner and more space efficient. So some months ago I put some work in to a modification of gmoccapy to suit me better.
I have a few hardware buttons (feed start/stop, feed override), but otherwise use the mouse and keyboard

Tonight I dusted it off and thought I would share it.

I still need to work on the buttons along the bottom, improving looks and functionality.

I made a GCode reference - I forget some GCodes when I don't use my machine for some time. On the GCode tab at the top is a list of active G codes and a translation into plain english. I plan to have the bottom half as a GCode quick reference for using when editing, or using MDI.

I have attached some screenshots and the actual files. At present these are just modified gmoccapy files - if you want to try it:
Backup gmoccapy.py from /usr/bin
Place modified gmoccapy.py in /usr/bin (you'll need to use sudo)
Backup gmoccapy.glade from /usr/share/gmoccapy
Place modified gmoccapy.glade /usr/share/gmoccapy (you'll need to use sudo)

I would like to develop this further as a fork / offshoot of gmoccapy, but I'm not sure how to put a whole new named GUI, directory structure etc. I think I would call it LCNCScreen
I have planned to implement a probing tab like is being discussed for gmoccapy.
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Apr 2015 14:52 by pippin88.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2015 04:53 #57594 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic LCNCScreen
Hi I will be following this with interest ..Clive

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds