"run-in-place" gmoccapy

More
09 Aug 2017 21:24 #97262 by fixer
Hello,

I am making a new gui, it is based on Gmoccapy, but it is meant to be used with keyboard only - like most of the industrial controllers. I have shown it to some people and I have some good feedback. Of course I want to share my work with the wider audience, and the best way would be to have all the files in one folder, including images, widgets and main executable, just like the "Hazzy" gui currently works.

Until now, I have been changing files directly in their original locations and running gui as gmoccapy. Changes are in /usr/bin/gmocappy.py, /usr/share/pyshared/gladevcp, /usr/share/gmoccapy/gmoccapy.glade,.... Now, I would like to combine all files that gmoccapy needs in one folder and run it from there.
I looked in hazzy code and tried to apply the same logic of setting directories to my files, but no success. The main executable runs from my new folder, but other files are still read from their original locations....

long story short: Where in Gmoccapy is, for example defined path for /usr/share/pyshared/gladevcp/tooledit_widget.py?

thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2017 20:19 #97313 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic "run-in-place" gmoccapy
You have to do it the hazzy way.

Tooledid widget is nowhere defined, as it is in the default path of glade

Norbert

More
13 Aug 2017 05:00 #97402 by fixer
Replied by fixer on topic "run-in-place" gmoccapy
Ok, thanks. I will try to figure it out.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds