sind hier denn überhaupt......

More
07 Aug 2013 01:29 #37458 by tschofe
Deutsch sprechende Personen unterwegs ??

Würde gerne meinen vw vrs1 schlachten und die servo und treiber des gerätes zweckendfremden.

Aber ganz alein trau ich mich da nicht drüber, deshalb dacht ich mir: vor dem zerlegen erst mal gucken wie und ob ich die servos ohne grossen aufwand steuern kann.

Freu mich über jeden mithelfenden

Mfg Stefan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2013 03:30 #37462 by BigJohnT
And Google translate says

German-speaking people on the go? Would love my vw slaughter VRS1 and the power and driver of the appliance zweckendfremden. But trust me because I quite alein not over it, so I thought to myself before the first break times look like and whether I can control the servos without great expense. 'm Glad about every assisting Mfg. Stefan

More
07 Aug 2013 10:50 #37468 by Todd Zuercher
wow Google translate pretty much mangled that. Unfortunately my German isn't good enough to help much. I've not had good luck with auto translating technical related text in most languages.

More
07 Aug 2013 12:41 #37469 by tschofe
Thanks for your quick answers john and tod. I know its going funny with this translation tools :laugh:

I also thought too fight in english.

Lets fight

I have a old vw robot its working but iam not happy with the programming, so in first i want to control the servos with emc.

I read about mesa cards but i am not sure are they the right choice for me. How will i find out which cards work with it ?

Did anybody think i have a chance to install a linux on the robot pc ?

greatings from Austria

Stefan

Ps sorry for my bad english

More
07 Aug 2013 19:33 #37476 by Todd Zuercher
Your English is coming through very good.

If you are asking if it can be done, the answer is amost certainly. The better question is are you up to the task?

Are you looking for suggestions for control interface hardware to convert your robot to Linuxcnc? I am a big fan of Mesa's hardware, but I have only worked on simple cartesian machines.

Lets start by trying to find out more about your machine.

What style of robot is it? Please tell us more about the current control system(s). How many joints (How many servos)? What brand and modle of servo motors and drives? Do you have an idea of how much other IO you will need?

Have you experimented with some of the LinuxCNC simulation configurations to see if LinuxCNC can easily do what you hope to achieve with your robot? Is there an existing kinematics program that will work for you, or will you need to write a new one?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tschofe

More
10 Aug 2013 01:01 - 10 Aug 2013 02:12 #37531 by tschofe
I am not sure i am good enough for that job.
i not want to use this robot how it is now i only want to use his servos for a 5 axes milling machine.
i know linux cnc and i also build a 3 axe milling machine already
i am just scare of the servos because i don't have any experience with servo motors.
i go to my robot now and hope to find out more details.

the driver for the servos it dint look that hard to connect a pc there what you think

thanks for your time and hope to read from you soon
Last edit: 10 Aug 2013 02:12 by tschofe.

More
10 Aug 2013 02:56 #37534 by Todd Zuercher
How dificult a set of servos can be to integrate into LinuxCNC can vary wildly, from as simple as or even a little simpler than using step motors, all the way to next to impossible. I have set up two machines using servos and one with steppers, each one was a littel different and had their own difficultys to overcome. The wiring for a servo system is much more involved than a stepper.

So are you planning to use the robot, or do you want to use the parts from the robot to build your machine.

If you can save and reuse things like the cabling for the motors and their encoders, this can save you a lot of work and or expence making new ones.

You are also going to have to figure out how these drives work in order to determine what hardware you will need to use them

More
10 Aug 2013 04:05 #37535 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic sind hier denn überhaupt......
Looks like analog servos but a close-up picture of just one drives
terminal block would help (can't quite read the terminal signal names)

More
10 Aug 2013 05:52 #37536 by tschofe
i want too use the parts from the robot to build my machine.

but in first i only want to try to get the servos moving with my PC.

thats question number 1 what kind of hardware did i need to let my servos moving

i checked mesa already and i think the 7I76E Ethernet interfaced Step&dir plus I/O7I76 interface should work but i am not sure.. :S

More
10 Aug 2013 11:24 - 10 Aug 2013 11:27 #37538 by Todd Zuercher
About how old is this stuff? (looks kind of old and old stuff is almost never digital)
I will agree with Peter, they are probably analog.
If they are analog the 7i76 won't do you much good. You will need some thing other than a 5i25 and its daughter cards if the drives/motors are not using quadrature encoders.
Does the large grey cable go to the control or is it the feedback from the motors?
If it is the control cabling, you are going to need to find out what wire does what. This is where the manuals for the old gear comes in really handy. Since you are going to be using the motors differently than they were. the drives will probably need retuning, and you are going to need the manuals for that as well (if they even exist).

I was able to glean that this was made by Seidel by googleing some of the numbers on the board
I think this would be the manuals for the drives.
In German
www.kollmorgen.com/de-de/products/drives...allation_de-de_reva/
in English
www.kollmorgen.com/en-us/products/drives...allation_en-us_reva/

A quick look at the manuals looks like they use resolvers instead of encoders for the feedback. This will mean your going to need a little more expensive hardware to use them.
Last edit: 10 Aug 2013 11:27 by Todd Zuercher.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds