sind hier denn überhaupt......

More
11 Aug 2013 20:34 #37561 by tschofe
Thanks for the informations..

How much more do you think

I thought only sw1+ and sw1- coming from the pc thats why it look easy for me in first.

Oh damn i think i have to learn a lot to get anzthing working with that old stuff.

it was build 1993 maybe i should keep it some years and sell it to museum hahaha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2013 08:52 #37576 by Todd Zuercher
A little more looking over those manuals, showed that the drives might actually be sending an ordinary quadrature signal to the control. You are going to need to research the existing control system to understand how it works before the right hardware can be determined.

More
12 Aug 2013 13:11 #37580 by tschofe
ok i will pick up my manuals and try to find out something about it.

here some faqs i found in web:

Six rotary electrical switch axis (controlled by unit VRS1A), inductive mechanical coder, command center, optoelectronic positioning system.
>Coordinate system: Cartesian
>Drive mode: electromechanical
>Control system: VRS1A with linear and circular interpolation, Spline(ppt)
>Accuracy in repetition: +-0,4 mm
>Positioning system: optoelectronic 4096 steps/revolution, maximum 4096 revolutions.
> Programming mode: teach in/off line
>Program files: floppy disc
>Stop brakes for all the axis
>Compression air connections: 6bar, 12 bar
>Sensor connections: serial, parallel, analogic
>Axis movement limiters: a) software switches for all the axis b) Switch limiters (for all the axis except A6).
>Robot montage position: All (if installed onto the wall another additional cylinder required)
>Electrical connections to periphery input/output: 32/32 standard; 128/96 optional
>Distance robot-control unit (7m standard; 100 m maximum (optional))
>The G121 operates with low inertial triphasic servomotors.
>The transmissions are light HD (Harmonic Drive) gears.
>The G121 incorporates axis position measuring by means of an inductive mechanical coder,.They have electromagnetic brakes.
>Axis speed (degrees per second) of (A1,A2,A3,A4,A5,A6): 75,75,75,90,90,90 † per second.
>Maximum working area of (A1,A2,A3,A4,A5,A6) in degrees: 300,195,275,340,220,540.
Robot weight: 1600kg.

not sure it helps you

talk to you later i need to go to work now
have a nice day todd

More
12 Aug 2013 20:54 #37588 by Todd Zuercher
From that description it sounds like the robot probably has seperate optical encoders on the joints for feedback into the control. If you can reuse these on your new machine, you would be able to use a 5i25 with a 7i77 daughter board to control it. The 7i76 is for digital step control that won't work for these drives. These drives use an analog +/-10volt velocity control signal that is what the 7i77 does.

More
13 Aug 2013 00:08 #37593 by tschofe
ok

damn they are sold out in europe

thats first part .. i need to get them right.

How about linux cnc do you think it will be difficult to get them moving ??

More
13 Aug 2013 11:05 #37603 by Todd Zuercher
With the right hardware LinuxCNC can control almost anything.

More
13 Aug 2013 12:17 #37604 by tschofe
thanks a lot i will try to get this boards

More
13 Aug 2013 19:31 #37620 by Todd Zuercher
Hold, on there. I am still not certain you have confiremed exactly what you have yet. I would want to go to the machine and physically confirm, here is the motor, with it's resolver and their cables that go to the drive, and here is the encoder with it's cable that goes to the control. Then you need to make sure that the encoders actually send a quadrature signal that is either a 5v dirrerential signal (preferable) or TTL signal. Once you know this then you would be ready to order the hardware.

If the encoders are not compatible with the 7i77, then you will either have to find a way to convert the signal, find something other than the 7i77 that can read it, or replace the encoders with something that will work.

To find out what the ecoders use, either look up directly what the encoder part number is or indirectly by looking up what kind of signals the old control used. (but the control might have multiple options and not really tell you what you have.)

More
30 Sep 2013 17:50 #39383 by tschofe
I been at my robot today and only this 2 tiny small cabels going to the controller 2 cabels per axis. I found a number on one encoder: GP 403.Z02 704150-01 i hope this help

Please tell me how i can find out differential signal or ttl signal.

Greetings and thanks for all your help

More
30 Sep 2013 18:03 #39385 by BigJohnT
Differential will have more wires than TTL. Usually 9 counting ground. TTL may have 5 wires. Search for differential encoder wiring on the web for more info.

JT

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds