adding the Gladevcp folder

More
17 Apr 2012 07:26 #19298 by witdraak
ok I have upgraded my linuxcnc from 2.4 to 2.5 but is stuck with a problem...don't seem to have the gladevcp folder added to my linuxcnc...
so i went in blind creating my gladeVCP program to fix on my linuxcnc so that my touch interface can work esier to use but seem to run into a brickwall again... according to the gladevcp instructions added on linuxcnc they add a .py and a .hal with the .ui that i made with i dont seem to have...so to clear my understanding i want to add those folders to my linuxnc..... anyone have an idea how to add them?

ill add my .ui aswell so you can see what i did

File Attachment:

File Name: myui.ui
File Size:15 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2012 19:54 #19323 by mhaberler
dont go blind, try the manual: www.linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/gui/gladevcp.html

- Michael

More
18 Apr 2012 08:53 #19338 by witdraak
awesome I'm on step again. things seems to work... added it as a tab to my program and it seems like when i press the buttons on the gladevcp side it focus on that button making my k/board commands from my k/board pendant useless. is there any hotfixes to it or do i program that into my gladevcp?

More
18 Apr 2012 09:50 #19342 by mhaberler
WRT connecting a pendant: it would seem to me there are better ways to connect a pendant, I suggest you search for 'pendant' in the wiki.

Wrt key forwarding: please provide an exact key sequence which is NOT forwarded, and file a bug in the bugtracker, including complete configuration and logs. So far we dont even know which User Interface you are running, since this would affect other people as well if it were so. The bugtracker is at sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=browse&group_id=6744&atid=106744 .

See also the note here: www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/gui/gla...key_handling_in_axis

- Michael

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds