Glade3 Gtk Python Tutorial Errors

More
14 Feb 2014 21:16 #43861 by BigJohnT
What I've noticed is if you have the same name twice it will clip one or just not allow the change unless you continue typing more to the second name. For example if you have two buttons named button1 and button2 and remove the 2 then try and remove the 1 it will not allow you to do that even though it seems like you're successful because the entry box shows button. However if you noticet the window above the properties the name remains button1.

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2014 11:16 - 19 Feb 2014 11:29 #43965 by rggrieger
HI John;

I have been looking at Python, Glade and GTK to try to see how it all fits together. It seems that tutors make up glade files to design the graphical application of interest. They then use C or Python to make a c/Python program that uses Gtk to "draw" the app. There are big long GTK libs that describe what is needed build the app.

Some tutorials reference and give examples of XML files that describe the app tree but I have not seen how it generates a program to draw the app. Instead I see descriptions of how to design the c/py programs.

Is there a program that reads the Glade app, e.g.-, tutorial-1.glade and generates the c/Python program to build the app????? I am missing info on this step/process.

Any suggestions?

Bob

P.S.
I just googled auto generation for Glade to Python. It is a bit old, 2008, but will see what it can do.

ref: www.openshotvideo.com/2008/09/auto-gener...for-glade-files.html

I am not the only one who noticed all Gtk lib selection problem, i.e.-, too much info to find out what is needed for your app of interest.

Bob
Last edit: 19 Feb 2014 11:29 by rggrieger. Reason: Found info on auto generator, Glade to Python.

More
19 Feb 2014 19:52 #43972 by BigJohnT
The Glade file is an xml file that describes the Gtk containers and widgets and signals. This can all be done in Python but the Glade just saves you some coding. The logic for your program still has to be written by hand.

JT

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds