How would one configure Kolmorgen drives in EMC.

More
16 Sep 2011 01:15 #13218 by cnczky
I recently was given 3 Kolmorgen S 200 drives with motors. I would like to integrate them to a Denford Orac lathe using a db25 break out board to send 5vdc signals to the drives.
My goal is simple, but oh so complex. I want to use the smaller nema 34 servos to drive the X and Z axis and the larger nema 42 to drive the spindle. The really slick thing is I should be able to do this without
using 3 phase power. Has anyone ever done something like this and if so how did you go about it?
Thanks in advance .

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2011 03:38 #13220 by cmorley
Do these take step and direction signals?
If so this sounds pretty easy.

More
17 Sep 2011 05:11 #13226 by jmelson
cnczky wrote:

I recently was given 3 Kolmorgen S 200 drives with motors. I would like to integrate them to a Denford Orac lathe using a db25 break out board to send 5vdc signals to the drives.
My goal is simple, but oh so complex. I want to use the smaller nema 34 servos to drive the X and Z axis and the larger nema 42 to drive the spindle. The really slick thing is I should be able to do this without
using 3 phase power. Has anyone ever done something like this and if so how did you go about it?
Thanks in advance .

Bill

Looks like they can take +/- 10 V analog commands like standard velocity servos,
and maybe can also take quadrature drive, which could be produced by the EMC
software step generator, or a hardware stepper board.

Jon

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds