Work with probe
I did this correction, and more ..
elf wrote: A minor issue is xplus.ngc and yplus.ngc contain Z axis moves. I think these should be moved to the python code.
The README.md says:
2. The following files from the archive are placed in:
all from folder "macros"
all from folder "probe_icons"
I've installed linuxcnc in:
My home directory:
In this case, what is "your-folder-configuration"?
I think that this is just what I need to use with my new probe.
Have you considered?
Put an M73 at the beginning of each of the subroutines in macros (e.g., xplus.ngc, xminus.ngc, ...)
That would automatically save the modal stuff. Right now, if the mode was G91 when the user did his probing, it will be set to G90 when done. (Unless there is some other magic taking place that I don't know about.) The same is true of the current F value.
Should you be setting feed rate mode? Or do you assume that the user will set the feed variables to match what the currently set feed rate mode is?
Also -- (I don't know if this still works, or if it would be a bad practice)
Even though the documentation says to put one subroutine is each file, that is really not a requirement. (At least when I wrote the code, it wasn't a requirement.)
The way it works (or used to) is that the file name is needed to know which file to load into the interpreter. Once the file is loaded, ALL subroutines in the file are accessible. So the file could be named: probe_init. Then if probe_init were called at system startup, all subroutines in the file would be accessible.
That way all of the subroutines could be contained in a single file. Personally, I really don't like having bunches of little files.
Thanks for putting in all of the hard work on this. Aside from the fact that I'm waiting for a connector for my probe, everything seems ready to work.
lerman wrote: Even though the documentation says to put one subroutine is each file, that is really not a requirement. (At least when I wrote the code, it wasn't a requirement.)
The way it works (or used to) is that the file name is needed to know which file to load into the interpreter. Once the file is loaded, ALL subroutines in the file are accessible
That's interesting. Perhaps we need to test it, and if it works, update the docs.
It would make my turning macros a fair bit neater.