PMDX-126 and power on issue

More
07 Sep 2016 21:48 #80188 by Spectre
Hi All
I got my 4 axis all up and working properly with the PMDX-126 on Mach3. I am now shifting over to LCNC. Finally got the stepconf sorted and hooked it all up but I cant get Axis to power the machine up correctly. The PMDX uses the chargepump to power on a relay that pulls in a contactor that powers the drives and spindles this is also through the Estop circuit. It all works with mach3 as per the book. With LCNC the emergency button I can toggle it one way but not another and the machine power button gets greyed out. I have set invert on the charge pump and also the Estop but it doesnt work it changes what it does with the buttons on LCNC but it doesnt power up. I can get the machine to powerup wit the contactor but not the on button on the program. Please find attached my config folder can someone tell me what I have done wrong please. After I get it working on the parallel port with the PMDX I am going to put in the mesa card to the PC and run it with it config as a parallel port and once that is working then I will put a 7I76 into the machine and run it full mesa
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2016 22:30 #80189 by tommylight
You do not have the estop inverted in that config.
Try it without the e-stop in, if it powers and operates.

More
07 Sep 2016 22:37 #80190 by Spectre
Replied by Spectre on topic PMDX-126 and power on issue
I have tried the Estop inverted and also the chargepump inverted and in different scenarios...no matter what way I have it I can not get the power F2 button on LCNC to work so I can get to manual to move the machine

More
07 Sep 2016 22:38 #80191 by Spectre
Once I get the relay on the PMDX to pull in which pulls the contactor in on the machine the power button on LCNC sort of gets disabled

More
08 Sep 2016 10:06 #80214 by racedirector
I came from Mach3 on PP port with the 126. Under LCNC I do not use the charge pump, my estop controls what LCNC does and PCNC on reset changes the e-stop section of the 126. I feel if you get rid of the charge pump side you will have better luck. See my ini and hal files in the 5i25 with 126 thread.

cheers

More
08 Sep 2016 21:22 #80250 by Spectre
Thanks racedirector

I got onto CNCbasher and she has sorted me out. The charge pump now works and it all works how it should. She wrote a bit of code for me and now the emerg stop and power on buttons work just as they should now. It was good to see your files too. Have you had many issues with PP?

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds