Wizard Conf- Doubt

More
04 Oct 2016 00:43 #81199 by Marfil
Wizard Conf- Doubt was created by Marfil
Hi every one.
I've a doubt with my router configuration (just a doubt).
It's working fine, the scale is fine (at least I think so) the travel distance in three axis are OK. in all feedrate (F50 to F1000)
The movement along three axis to max. travel speed and one by one, sounds good. :)
Apparently all is right...
The doubt? For ex, in linear interpolation in max. feedrate, starting in x0, y0 and finishing in x1000, y100 the router does not sound good. To much noise...metal noise (may be gear and screw) and the movement is in small steps. not a flat or smooth movement. In fact this small steps makes marks in the material (wood)

Is normal this operation or something is wrong with configuration? I can't compare with anything. :(
Could you give me any suggestion?
Thanks a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2016 04:09 #81202 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Wizard Conf- Doubt
No, that isn't normal. (unless having a problem is normal)
Sometimes if the power supply to the drives is marginal, movements of multiple axis can result in missed steps as the voltage dips. (This is just a guess)

More
04 Oct 2016 07:25 #81205 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Wizard Conf- Doubt
To check if you are losing steps try measuring / marking your start location and then make several multiple axis moves then make a move back to the original location and confirm the machine returns to the exact start location.
Also try the moves at a reduced speed.
As Todd said you may want to monitor the power supply voltage during the moves.

Rick G

More
04 Oct 2016 19:07 #81228 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Wizard Conf- Doubt
How much does your X Y and Z move with ONE rotation of the motors?
I suspect you have very low (or none) gearing, so the motors have to cover a large distance for each rotation, resulting in to much vibrations at low speeds.

More
04 Oct 2016 22:35 #81237 by Marfil
Replied by Marfil on topic Wizard Conf- Doubt

To check if you are losing steps try measuring / marking your start location and then make several multiple axis moves then make a move back to the original location and confirm the machine returns to the exact start location.
As Todd said you may want to monitor the power supply voltage during the moves.

Rick G

Thanks for your reply. I'll do that and I'll inform you.

More
04 Oct 2016 22:39 #81238 by Marfil

No, that isn't normal. (unless having a problem is normal)
Sometimes if the power supply to the drives is marginal, movements of multiple axis can result in missed steps as the voltage dips. (This is just a guess)

Thanks Todd. I'll check the power supply. I need two days more or less.

More
04 Oct 2016 22:55 #81239 by Marfil

How much does your X Y and Z move with ONE rotation of the motors?
I suspect you have very low (or none) gearing, so the motors have to cover a large distance for each rotation, resulting in to much vibrations at low speeds.

Hi Tommylight. The steppers are directly joined to screw no gearing (no doubt). I don't remember exactly but I think X and Y axis, 6.25 turns per inch. And Z axis 12 turns per inch. I'm not sure, I need confirm you those values.

More
05 Oct 2016 21:51 #81276 by Marfil

Rick G

I did that in the morning. It's all right. The machine traveled for all the bench in diferent speed rates in 3 axis movement (combined). Absolutly normal. Too much noise specially in Y, in low speed.

More
05 Oct 2016 21:52 - 05 Oct 2016 21:55 #81277 by Marfil
[quote= Hi Tommylight. The steppers are directly joined to screw no gearing (no doubt). I don't remember exactly but I think X and Y axis, 6.25 turns per inch. And Z axis 12 turns per inch. I'm not sure, I need confirm you those values.[/quote]

Tommylight. I was wrong the rigth x and Y value is 4 turns per inch (6.35 mm per turn). Z is Ok, 12 turns per inch. (2.11 mm per turn)
Last edit: 05 Oct 2016 21:55 by Marfil.

More
05 Oct 2016 21:57 #81278 by Marfil
[quote= Hi Tommylight. The steppers are directly joined to screw no gearing (no doubt). I don't remember exactly but I think X and Y axis, 6.25 turns per inch. And Z axis 12 turns per inch. I'm not sure, I need confirm you those values.[/quote]

Tommylight. I was wrong the rigth x and Y value is 4 turns per inch (6.35 mm per turn). Z is Ok, 12 turns per inch. (2.11 mm per turn)

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds