Wizard Conf- Doubt

More
05 Oct 2016 21:58 #81279 by Marfil
Replied by Marfil on topic Wizard Conf- Doubt
[quote= Hi Tommylight. The steppers are directly joined to screw no gearing (no doubt). I don't remember exactly but I think X and Y axis, 6.25 turns per inch. And Z axis 12 turns per inch. I'm not sure, I need confirm you those values.[/quote]

Tommylight. I was wrong the right x and Y value is 4 turns per inch (6.35 mm per turn). Z is Ok, 12 turns per inch. (2.11 mm per turn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2016 12:30 #81336 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Wizard Conf- Doubt
You could try increasing the microstepping, that would tend to make things smoother.

More
07 Oct 2016 14:00 #81341 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Wizard Conf- Doubt
You are good as far as the gearing goes, so here are some more tips
-Andy mentioned microstepping, so if you can, adjust that
-check for any loose screws or washers or anything else that might vibrate
-lower the drive power to the motors to what you can use without missing steps
-but first check the step timings, some drives do work with short signals but produce to much vibrations.
Also check your base thread time, do use a higher value and test with it.

More
10 Oct 2016 14:47 #81506 by Marfil

You could try increasing the microstepping, that would tend to make things smoother.

Thanks Andy, I'm sorry for this new question: That will not change the scale? In that case; What I need change in order to compensate it?
Thanks.

More
10 Oct 2016 15:05 #81507 by Marfil
Thanks Tommylight, I took note of your advice.

More
10 Oct 2016 15:05 #81508 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Wizard Conf- Doubt

That will not change the scale? In that case; What I need change in order to compensate it?

If you are still using Stepconf then you can change the microstep setting in Stepconf to match the drive.
If you have finished with stepconf then typically you would just need to x2 or x4 the SCALE setting for the axis in the INI.

More
10 Oct 2016 15:18 #81510 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Wizard Conf- Doubt
Yes, If you change the micro-stepping setting on your drive you will change the scale. Such that if you go from 2x micro-stepping (aka 1/2 stepping) to 8x micro-stepping you would need to multiply your current scale# by 4. So if your your x-axis is 4 turns/inch X 400steps/rev(# of steps/rev for a 1/2 stepped motor) the scale would change from 1600 steps/inch to 6400 steps/inch. (You change the scale in the appropriate AXIS or JOINT section of your configs ini file.)

More
12 Oct 2016 22:49 - 12 Oct 2016 22:51 #81592 by Marfil
Hi guys, first of all, thanks of all of you. :laugh:
I Created a Win Xp partition and installed Kcam4 and Mach3..... The same.
Regarding the micro-stepping increase, I did it and nothing change. Apparently is not an issue, is a normal operation for this machine (and I am so sorry for that). :( :(
I'll be adjusting some screws and I'll be looking for something loose, and that's all. “Finita la commedia”
I have another "normal operation" and is a steppers oscillation. Is a very annoying frecuency and I need attenuate its level because is breaking my head. :angry:
.....my following topic.
Best regards.
Last edit: 12 Oct 2016 22:51 by Marfil.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds