Problem with probing (Repeat)

More
20 Nov 2016 03:39 #83019 by ericg
Hi,

sorry to repeat the topic I started in general topics, but I just thought it might be better to ask another question here.

I'm grasping at straws but I just realised the issue I'm having with probing has started since I stopped using one set of drivers and then buying and installing a gecko g540, during that interval I see I upgraded to 2.7.8 (just a normal agree to upgrade without thinking).

Is it possible that a bug has been introduced causing my issue and if so how could I check?

Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2016 06:23 #83020 by tommylight
I do not think it is a bug, i am pretty sure it is related to inverting the polarity of the signal in the g540.
It would have been much more apropriate to check that first, instead of insisting on a bug.
Open the hal file and find the said input, just add a "-not" to it, that should fix it.

More
20 Nov 2016 06:55 #83021 by ericg
Replied by ericg on topic Problem with probing (Repeat)
That is already there and I removed it temporarily also to no avail, so it the "-not" is now back in, and I'm not insisting it is a bug, just asking about the possibilty

Thanks for the thought anyway

Eric

More
21 Nov 2016 05:45 #83051 by tommylight
Did you manage to find the culprit ?
Do you use a different probe for auto levelling ?
Regards,

More
21 Nov 2016 09:51 #83057 by ericg
Replied by ericg on topic Problem with probing (Repeat)
thanks for the query,

I may have found a workaround at least, it is nothing to do with the g540 or the wiring, that was misleading me due to the timing of installing it.

Now I definitely did not have issues last time I used the software, all was fine, it was about 3 weeks before I got things running again with the g540 (waiting on parts for previous system, failing to fix, buying the gecko etc)
So then I had this issue and incorrectly suspected a wiring problem, however looking at the subroutine call that the pendant makes it has the lines
<pre>
o100 sub
( Set current Z position to 0 so that we will always be moving down )
G10 L20 P0 Z0
( Probe to Z-10 at F25 [Uses machine units, I work in mm, this is meant to be slow!] )
G38.2 Z-10 f25
( Set Z0 at point where probe triggers with offset of +1.55 [this is the thickness of my PCB plate. You must adjust this for your plate / setup] )
G10 L20 P0 Z1.55
( Rapid up to Z10 above the material )
G0 Z10
o100 endsub
</pre>

Autoleveller creates the code
G0 X0 Y0 Z0
G38.2 Z-10 f100 <- this is where is barfs

So I placed
G10 L20 P0 Z0 in front of that line and it worked.

I have not checked extensively and will try more in a couple of days, but hopefully that will be a simple fix.

I read up a bit on G10 L20 but still trying to learn what it means. (I'm just a part time hobbyist so the learning is slow)

Again, probably not a bug in 2.7.8 but is it possible there has been a coding change?

thanks for the interest.

Eric

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds