Knows someone this error message

More
04 Jan 2017 13:11 - 04 Jan 2017 13:12 #85198 by Holzwurm56
Hello,
i am retrofitting wood cnc machine with 5I25 and 7I77. I have connect the 3 encoder and when i move the axes withhand the dros are working. I test the servosystem with an analog signalgenerator, the axes are moving with a + - 10V signal, then i connect the amplifier inputs with the analog output from the 7i77 the axes move very very slow, normally i think they had to stand still. When i activate the manual working button on axis after two seconds the button is deaktivated and there is a error message: "joint 2 following error". Does someone knows what this mean?

Thanks

Hans
Last edit: 04 Jan 2017 13:12 by Holzwurm56.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2017 14:18 #85208 by andypugh
It sounds like the axes are simply drifting, and that the PID loop and LinuxCNC are not correcting the position.

Have you checked that the 7i77 analogue outputs are working?

It may be that your scalemax / maxoutput paramters are set much too low in the HAL / INI.

More
04 Jan 2017 14:51 #85214 by Todd Zuercher
Have you tried tuning the PID loop in Linuxcnc?

More
04 Jan 2017 15:26 #85220 by Holzwurm56
Hello,
in what kind of way can i test the analog outputs. When the analog outputs are not to the servos connected and the servos enable there is no drift and i cannot move the axes with hand.
Means "Joint 2" that this means axes 2?

Thanks

Hans

More
04 Jan 2017 15:47 #85223 by PCW
You should expect a slow drift (or even a fast runaway, so be careful ) and following errors
when first enabling the servo loop and before things are tuned. Here is JTs velocity mode tuning guide:

gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/tuning/servo.html

If you are using Axis, the ""Machine --> Calibration" menu item can be use for tuning the PID values

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds