Generating RPM from simple high/low switch- possible?

More
05 Feb 2017 01:38 #87326 by nigel-tufnel
The reason I was having problems was my setup. There was noise on the signal. Things seem to be working once I address this. Thanks for the help.

Question- how do you decrease the number of significant digits on the add on pyvcp spindle speed bar graph in Axis? I want to just display the RPM to one RPM (i.e. XXXX rpm; not XXXX.X rpm). Adding <format>"4.0f"</format> to the <bar> section didn't change anything.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2017 09:56 #87987 by verticalperformance

Question- how do you decrease the number of significant digits on the add on pyvcp spindle speed bar graph in Axis?

Not sure if you can. Tried a few flavours of <format> and I think it is not defined for the ttk progress bar, on which I assume the pyvcp <bar> is based

You might be able to do something funky in HAL where the <bar> connected to the spindle is converted from a float to an u32 integer but I suspect the bar will still display the ".0" anyway.

I moved away from pyvcp and defined my "extra info" using Glade. You can define the precision as an integer using the "text_template" property and setting it to %i or any other python format I guess.

Attachments:

More
16 Feb 2017 02:03 #88020 by nigel-tufnel
Thanks for the hints. I got it figured out. Solution in this thread.

forum.linuxcnc.org/22-pyvcp/32302-changi...n-bar-graph-possible

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds