Wanted to buy toolchanger code for Mori MVJR

More
08 Mar 2016 06:39 #71205 by schmidtmotorworks
I did a retrofit of a MVJR a few years ago but never got the tool changer working.

I tried to do it with some help using Glade but it was over my head and there were some bugs at the time that prevented it from being completed on the current version at that time.

If there is anyone that has or knows how to make tool changer code for that machine I would like to buy it pay you to develop it.

I would be happy to make my configuration available to all if I could complete it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2016 12:33 #71210 by BigJohnT
It would help to know where your located at?

JT

More
08 Mar 2016 15:27 #71232 by schmidtmotorworks
I am in Orange CA. Thanks for reminding me,

I can provide all the information needed for someone to code it from wherever they are.

All of the switches and sensors are already connected.

More
08 Mar 2016 16:36 #71237 by andypugh

If there is anyone that has or knows how to make tool changer code for that machine I would like to buy it pay you to develop it..

Is it possible that integrating the tool-changer has become easier in the interim?

Have a look at the simulated VMC in sim->axis>Vismach->VMC_toolchange and see if that is anywhere close to the behaviour you need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schmidtmotorworks

More
08 Mar 2016 17:17 #71238 by schmidtmotorworks
Thanks for the suggestion, I was not aware of that, it sounds like I have some catching up to do.
I will take a look at it.
I have been procrastinating doing an update,
My Umbuntu release raises a message that it is no longer supported for about 6 months now.
and 2.7.4 looks like a nice advancement.

I have been procrastinating because I am uncertain about the procedure to update Umbuntu and what other reinstallation work I will need to do.
Perhaps the best thing to do now would be to buy another hard drive so that worst case I can always get back to where I am today with minimal effort.

More
08 Mar 2016 17:39 - 08 Mar 2016 17:43 #71239 by Todd Zuercher
You don't have to change from Ubuntu 10.04 (unless you want to). Just open Synaptic, pull down the Settings menu, click on Repositories, click on Add, then paste this line, in the appropriate place.
deb buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ lucid 2.7-rt
Uncheck the old Linuxcnc version. Close the Repo window, and click on Mark all Upgrades and then Apply.

If you want to upgrade Ubuntu, the easiest way is to start over with a new live iso. Brace yourself for the switch to Debian, it's a little bumpy for those used to Ubuntu.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2016 17:43 by Todd Zuercher.

More
08 Mar 2016 18:03 #71241 by schmidtmotorworks
Thanks for the warning about "bumpy ride", to Debian, I am wondering what bumpy means? Are the bumps complicated problems like drivers and compatibility issues or just something different about the UI to get used to?

I am really satisfied with Ubuntu 10.4 but the message saying it is no longer supported can't be closed and it gets annoying sometimes, I can live with it though.

More
08 Mar 2016 20:57 - 08 Mar 2016 20:58 #71246 by Todd Zuercher
Disable the automatic updates and the warning message should go away. Use Synaptic to do your Linuxcnc updates then.

Mostly it is getting used to the new UI (or installing the UI you like). But also a number of features that were automatically installed or configured must be done manually, just little annoying types of things.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2016 20:58 by Todd Zuercher.

More
08 Mar 2016 23:43 #71253 by BigJohnT

Thanks for the warning about "bumpy ride", to Debian, I am wondering what bumpy means? Are the bumps complicated problems like drivers and compatibility issues or just something different about the UI to get used to?

I am really satisfied with Ubuntu 10.4 but the message saying it is no longer supported can't be closed and it gets annoying sometimes, I can live with it though.

I'm offering bumpless hard drives pre-loaded with LinuxMint 17.3, Mate desktop, RTAI kernel, and all my fixes. I still have 10.04 on 3 machines...

JT

More
08 Mar 2016 23:52 - 08 Mar 2016 23:56 #71254 by schmidtmotorworks
I just ordered a new hard drive but that might be interesting, it was interesting to see, the original drive I built with was 32GB, now smallest one I found quickly on Amazon was 120GB SanDisc.

Do you have a web site to explain the details or a price?
Maybe I could send you the drive I just ordered and you could do a copy to it?

If I got your setup could I just copy my configuration to it and run it?
Last edit: 08 Mar 2016 23:56 by schmidtmotorworks.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds