Steinkuehler shows 3D printing with BB + LinuxCNC

More
02 Jun 2013 20:59 #35147 by cncdreamer
Gentle persons:

A nice proof of concept is Charles Steinkuehler's 3D printer controlled by a BeagleBone + BeBoPr cape + LinuxCNC as built by Michael Haberler for BeagleBones + PRU code by Charles.

This video just hit the streets

Pay attention to the voice-over.

These guys rock!

Regards,
Kent
The following user(s) said Thank You: KobeYang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2013 12:39 #35665 by Donny3000
Hello cncdreamer,

I'm very impressed with the video you posted showing off the beaglebone and the BeBopr cape! I was wondering if I could accomplish the same thing with the BeagleBone Black and the Linux 3.8 kernel. I've been following the developments on the Xenomai mailing list and have seen where Michael Haberler has been making some very good strides on getting the Linux 3.8 kernel working, but I haven't been able to find out how he was able to get Xenomai working (the appropriate Xenomai patches). Do you know how to get Xenomai + Linux 3.8 up and running?

More
19 Jun 2013 03:50 #35793 by cncdreamer
Donny3000:

First, let me be clear that all I did was post the link on behalf of Charles Steinkuehler. It's his good work.

Second, this question of recent kernels has come up on the email lists too. The short answer is, there are some last minute details being taken care of before Michael et al. release the latest and greatest.

Also, be sure to check out Charles' new blog

bb-lcnc.blogspot.com

Regards,
Kent

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds