Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
15 Nov 2015 11:51 - 15 Nov 2015 12:01 #65277 by newbynobi
@probamo,

something like the attached one?
I have thought about that too, but I asked here and in the German forum and didn't get positive feedback., you can modify also your desktop theme to get them a little bit bigger.

@DaBit
you are absolutly right! Best is to use hardware to control the slider.

Norbert
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Nov 2015 12:01 by newbynobi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2015 14:11 #65281 by probamo
Exactly like this one!!!
Sorry not being commented at the time, I did not get touch screen.

Would it be an update of the gmoccapy in this regards, or, since I am under 2.6.11 any guidelines how to incorporate your file in my local folders.

Cheers,

More
15 Nov 2015 18:12 #65290 by newbynobi
@probamo,

please update to actual 2.7 version, as there has been some fixes in gmoccapy meanwhile.

Including the "new" slider is not so easy, as you will have to include the widget first in glade and than replace the original ones, leaving all names as they are.

I will think about the possibility to change them on the fly, or include the option to slide directly ion the new widget, as till now only the button do change the values. So no update in the moment, sorry.

Norbert

More
28 Nov 2015 19:58 #65970 by DaBit
This error only happens when running 'smartprobe.ngc from the examples directory'. It might take 10 minutes, it might take 60 minutes, but sooner or later it will appear. LinuxCNC 2.8 pre, RIP build.

I am assuming that the 'offsetpage_widget.py' belongs to gmoccapy so I post it here. My apologies if this is not the case.

More
28 Nov 2015 21:27 #65976 by newbynobi
Hallo DaBit,

Offsetpage widget is a gladevcp tool i do use in gmoccapy.
So this should be discused in that thread group.
Could you please try with gsxreen?

Does the var file exist?

Norbert

More
28 Nov 2015 21:51 #65979 by DaBit
Yes, that file exists. It is defined in the INI and used to store the persistent variables. I can access that file normally, also when the error occurs. Both read and write. Although the latter is not so easy with a running program; the file is constantly modified.
Displaying the ongoing moves in the program stops, for the rest the system seems to run fine; G-code execution continues normally and I can stop the program with the appropriate button in gmoccapy. Filesystem is OK too.

What thread group do you mean with 'that thread group'? GScreen?

I am not sure that switching to gscreen is very easy; gmoccapy is deeply rooted in my config. But I think I can create a temporary config if that helps.

Video of program execution that trigers the error: youtube.com/watch?v=mdQss2eHRvE

More
30 Nov 2015 08:31 #66090 by newbynobi
Hallo Dabit,

beautifull video.

I do not understand, why there appear a offsetpage-widget error, as IMHO this file should not even be touched from smartprobe, or does this file constantly modify the offsets?

GladeVCP Stuff should be discused here

and for nes gmoccapy stuff I recommend to open a new thread in gmoccapy area

Norbert

More
30 Nov 2015 08:43 #66091 by DaBit
The smartprobe.ngc is a minimally modified version of what comes standard with the LinuxCNC distribution.
I changed the (LOG,...) command to better suit my requirements, braced the code in a IF [#<_task> NE 1.0] .. ENDIF to prevent preview interpreter overload with a large amount of probe points and changed a G38.2 for a G38.3.

AFAIK nothing special happens in that code.

I will re-post the question in the GladeVCP area. And my apologies for not noticing the subforum for gmoccapy.

More
30 Nov 2015 09:11 #66092 by newbynobi
Hallo Dabit,

I checked the code of smartprobe and the offsetpage-widget and I am pretty sure I know where the problem is.

Smartprobe does write to the file while probing, Parameter 5070 and 5061 - 5069 and offsetpage-widget reads periodically from the same file parameter the offsets for the different coordinate systems (parameter 5229 - 5381)

There is by sure a race conflict, smartprobe have the file opened and blocked, while offsetpage tries to read from it.

So IMHO the offsetpage-widget should have the reading in a try: except: way.

Chris Morley does mantain the gladevcp widget.

Norbert

More
30 Nov 2015 13:24 #66106 by DaBit
Hi Norbert:

As suggested by you I reposted the problem here: forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/48-gladevcp/299...le-running-smartprob

Thanks for your debugging effort so far!

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds