Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
01 Feb 2016 07:37 #69365 by dinkata
Hi ,
Thanks to the handy interface gmoccapy .I use it Linuxcnc 2.7.3
as replace DISPLAY = axis on DISPLAY = gmoccapy .So works well .
I have a question , only those buttons you have ?
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Gmoccapy#Keyboard_shortcuts
Is it possible to add another, as here
forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/21-axis/23629-k...s-key-binding-editor

thanks in advance
sorry, I don't know English, I use google translator
Best regards
Dinyo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2016 18:55 #69380 by newbynobi
Hallo Dinyo,

yes, it would be possible to add more keyboard shortcuts, but IMHO it is not necessary to add all the shortcuts from axis, as most can be used with hal pin.

You did mention also the wrong documentation, please use the actual one from here.

What additional shortcuts do you need?

Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: dinkata

More
02 Feb 2016 06:27 - 02 Feb 2016 06:46 #69417 by dinkata
Hallo Norbert ,
thank you for your answer
"..is not necessary to add all the shortcuts from axis, as most can be used with hal pin. .."
I agree, how to see the pin on my keyboard and embedding them in the Hall.
Now there :
Arrow Left = X minus ; Arrow Right = X plus; Arrow up = Y plus; Arrow Down = Y minus; Page Up = Z plus
Page Down = Z minus ; F1 = Estop (will work even if keyboard shortcuts are disabled)
F2 = Machine on ; ESC = Abort
ver. 1.5.5
- Added keyboard shortcut F3 to change to manual mode
- Added keyboard shortcut F5 to change to MDI Mode
- Added keyboard shortcut "Enter" for MDI Mode to submit the selected command
- Added keyboard shortcut "i" and "I" to switch jog increments forward and backwards like in axis

I did not understand how it works "i" when Jog -Z and pressed "I" change increment and the axis does not stop
even after release the key -Z ...i.e. NOT must be simultaneously pressed together

".............You did mention also the wrong documentation, please use the actual one from here...." - forum ??

".......What additional shortcuts do you need?....: If possible :
- Run program : Pausa ; Resume : Step :
halui.jog-speed : "..." => increase "..." => decrease

Thanks ,
Dinyo
Last edit: 02 Feb 2016 06:46 by dinkata.

More
03 Feb 2016 09:08 #69498 by newbynobi
Hallo Dinjo,

I did not understand how it works "i" when Jog -Z and pressed "I" change increment and the axis does not stop
even after release the key -Z ...i.e. NOT must be simultaneously pressed together

That is a bug! I have never thought someone would change the increments while jogging.
The way is to select first the increments, than jog and after reaching the final position change again the increments.
I will fix that.

".......What additional shortcuts do you need?....: If possible :
- Run program : Pausa ; Resume : Step :
halui.jog-speed : "..." => increase "..." => decrease

Have you tried to use the corresponding halui hal pin?
The pins for jog speed increase and decrease do not exist in halui, but you may use the gmoccapy ones
See section 5.2 ff in the documentation for details.

Norbert

More
03 Feb 2016 10:02 #69500 by REEEN
This is a bug in halui.
It is not Norberts fault. I already reported this bug a while ago, in the current Linuxcnc release this should be fixed.
What version are you using ?

See release notes:

More
03 Feb 2016 11:10 #69503 by dinkata

What version are you using ?

Linuxcnc 2.7.3

More
03 Feb 2016 21:07 #69527 by newbynobi
@All,

I fixed that bug, it was not very clear if it comes from the linuxcnc behavior or from gmoccapy, so I secured the way gmoccapy does handle that situations.

If you jog with the keyboard and while jogging you press "i" the increments would not change! But the jog movement will finish as desired.
If you jog using the keyboard and while doing that, you change the increments using a gmoccapy hal pin, the movement will stop imminently and the increment will change. I was forced to abort the command on hal, because otherwise the hal setting and the GUI settings could get out of sync.

I pushed the fixes to all branches, if you want to update manually, just replace the gmoccapy.py file.

Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: dinkata

More
07 Feb 2016 20:07 #69746 by probamo
@Norb

two things:
1) following instructions I installed linuxcnc on Ubuntu 14.04 @32 and wanted to check translation in Serbian. I found ''rs'' and ''sr'' folders in ''local''. The first one is manly used under 12.04, however all translation in 14.04 are in ''sr'' folder, therefore I suggest to keep translation as far as Serbian is concerned in both directories. I am trying to figure out now how to move it from 2.7.2 to 2.7.3

2) I noticed in AXIS while decreasing/increasing Feed Rate slidebar, no other changes are imposed, however, any time I slide the values in GMOCCAPY in FeedRate, decrease/increase of max velocity of the machine is being changed accordingly. I would detach these relation, for a simple reason. The max velocity of the machine should be kept as such to move machine from one to the other location as rapid as possible. However, to be conservative while material is being milled/cut first time, one could reduce FeedRate and slowly increase it until the appropriate feed rate is found for a bit/spindle speed/material that is machined, and max velocity of the machine to be kept as defined in STEPCONF session. Perhaps, somebody else could share his experience as well. If someone wants to reduce intentionally max velocity of the machine for particular machining that is another good option of LinuxCNC, without affecting FeedRate setup.

Thank you,
Dejan

More
20 Mar 2016 22:57 - 20 Mar 2016 23:18 #71955 by cncnoob1979
Hey!

I just started using Gmoccapy today. I switched a configuration from axis to this. However I am having a strange issue and I do not encounter this in Axis.

When I enable the machine via releasing the E-Stop software button in Gmoccapy, I get about 5 to 10 pulses to my mechanical relay to activate the machine. In other-words, when hitting the enable button in Gmoccapy I get around 10 pulses of voltage to my enable relay.

In axis I do not have this behavior. Sometimes with this happening the machine will not enable and will error out stating it can not change the e-stop state.

I'm curious as to why?

EDIT: I have checked my E-Stops and they are not the cause. They are external to the controller and I would not have power if they were tripped. Do I need to connect to a pin in Gmoccapy for the estop?

I am running LinuxCNC v2.7.7-18 from buildbot.

Here is my hal file.
Warning: Spoiler!

And here is my INI
Warning: Spoiler!

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Mar 2016 23:18 by cncnoob1979.

More
22 Mar 2016 15:58 #72036 by newbynobi
I can not see anything strange in your config, but the behavior you discribed is unusual.

What happen if you use external button?

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds