Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
08 Apr 2013 01:53 #32393 by newbynobi
Hallo James,

Yes, it is the same for gscreen and gmoccapy. I translated allready most of the GUI to german, but Chris took the po file out, because it belongs to a place outside my gmoccapy folder.

I really don't know jet, where I have to put the file. ;ay be Chris can give us a hand;-)

Norbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2013 13:22 #32417 by cmorley
Sorry I forgot about this - I will try to find time to find solution.

Chris M

More
20 Apr 2013 18:53 - 20 Apr 2013 18:55 #32941 by newbynobi
gmoccapy 0.9.0 has been released!

This are the changes:

ver. 0.9.0

- unlock settings now with tool tip text
- I forgot an letter in hal pin feed-overide-counts, the name has been corrected
- The button Rel/Abs changes its label according to the active coordinate system
and its background color does change if G54 is not active, so it is easier for the operator to
see if he is realy in the coordinate system he want.
- solved the estop error not showing the correct sate on start up the GUI, now it does work like it should
- solved a bug giving value 0 to a macro, the entry widget checked this value and returned "False" instead of "0"
- merged with new master and also with gscreen with new widget names
- gscreen fired a error when there is no key handling in gmoccapy, fixed this
- after start some buttons wasn't set in correct state,
it was possible to enter MDI or AUTO Mode without homing.
- avoid switching screens to MDI and back to manual on tool change, no screen flicker any more and much faster now
- cooling mist and lube can be switched on and off every time you want, also while a program is running
- you can jog the machine in 3 axis with the keyboard button, but only in manual mode
this is just a test, I don't now if I leave this feature in gmoccapy
arrows move X, and Y and page_up Page down move Z,
- as run from line is not very secure and also not working yet correctly,
I made it selectable in the settings page
- in settings you can select now qwertz or qwerty keyboard layout
- in settings you can select whether the On Screen keyboard are shown by default or not
for mode MDI and mode EDIT separately

Please be carrefull while jogging a real machine with the keyboard, in this version keyboard auto repeat is still working, so if you hold down a key, it will move not only one increment, the increments will increase as long as you hold down the key.

I already fixed this and mailed 0.9.01 to Chris, I will inform as soon as he pushed the patch.

To explain the changes on the settings page I will update the WIKI as soon as possible, but the are also self explaining.

Have fun and keep me informed about the changes you want or features you want me to add.

Next will be:
- reorganize the settings page, to get a beautiful lay out
- avoid an error witch can occur if you try to start a macro but the user has deleted the corresponding file
- include a file choose dialog in settings for a file you want to be loaded on startup
- include a setting to reload the tool on start up, big work? Because the machine may be in estop mode or switched off and not homed
I will get help from mhaberler
- Introduce a option to show an AUX Screen (second screen)
- add a button in tool editor to select a tool by number (if a user have hunderts of tools, it might be faster as scrolling to get to the number)
- Add a tool editor dialog to enter new tools, what do you think?
I want to add also number of teeth, and length of cut area, even if linuxcnc don't use them now, I am planing to use this information later on a
gcode generator Rene is planing.
- change max vel label and jog-vel label according to the units used
- add a touch off strategy to align a coordinate system to a material sheet rotate around Z axis
- make a lathe mode

and then there will come a industrial version with more axis and no jogging buttons, clearly designed to be used with hardware buttons and mpg wheels.

And it will be finished hopefully in less than 100 years ;-)

Norbert
Last edit: 20 Apr 2013 18:55 by newbynobi. Reason: typo

More
21 Apr 2013 16:47 #32957 by newbynobi

I already fixed this and mailed 0.9.01 to Chris, I will inform as soon as he pushed the patch.

Chris has pushed the fix.

Thanks Chris

More
21 Apr 2013 18:45 #32958 by BigJohnT
Do you have a screenshot?

John

More
21 Apr 2013 20:20 #32960 by newbynobi
Hallo John,

sure, there are several on the WIKI Page:

gmoccapy WIKI

If you like more information, just ask.

Norbert

More
21 Apr 2013 21:56 #32962 by BigJohnT
Thanks

John

More
26 Apr 2013 08:10 #33223 by jlviloria
Hallo Norbert

first congratulate you on your great achievement ... they work great.

I have a lathe cincinnati, I am working with AXIS GUI, I had some problems with tooledit, because they use the patch-change-tool-fanuc-style.

I have not mpg, or physical buttons, only the emergency stop. Industrial GScreen I really like, but I think it is designed for machines with buttons and mpg.

after all this introduction, my question is how hard would it be to use your GUI with a lathe, is that going to work in your next release in lathe do so.

as I can integrate your GUI industrial lathe so if you have, I mean jog increments. I hope not to bother or be reckless. but I need gmoccapy mixed industry,

thanks in advance.

greetings,

Jorge Viloria.

More
26 Apr 2013 12:52 #33227 by newbynobi
Hola Jorge,

que placer de ver que mi GUI también tiene aceptación en Latino America!
Si, gmoccapy también va a soportar tornos, pero no en el próximo release pero dentro de muy poco tiempo.
También voy a traducir la GUI en otros idiomas.

To all others:
it is a pleasure to see, that my GUI also find acceptance in Latin America!
Yes, gmoccapy will also be available in a lathe version, but not in the next release, but in very short future.
I will also translate gmoccapy in other languages.

Norbert

More
26 Apr 2013 14:18 #33228 by emcPT

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds