gmoccapy new override controls ???

More
02 Feb 2015 05:21 - 02 Feb 2015 05:22 #55568 by newbynobi
Hallo, what do you think ?
It is only the first idea, to avoid sliders on a touch screen.

The new widget allows to set color, mi and max values and also the increment to apply per button press.
No sliding with the finger.

Norbert
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Feb 2015 05:22 by newbynobi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2015 14:50 #55668 by emcPT
My personal opinion is always to have a physical button for feed override and spindle - they are simply too handy when you are machining, but your screen is good.

More
04 Feb 2015 23:44 #55688 by Swapper
Looks nice, but would it be impossible to have both functions a slider with the - and + signs?
Or maybe select able in settings.

One thing i miss is that i cant push the slider to jump to any position like in "windows" sliders you can press them anywhere and they jump to that spot.

More
05 Feb 2015 00:26 #55692 by newbynobi

One thing i miss is that i cant push the slider to jump to any position like in "windows" sliders you can press them anywhere and they jump to that spot.

I think that this behavior is not good on a machine control, at least if you use a touch screen. One wrong touch could lead to a crash if you accelerate to max accidentally.

Norbert

More
05 Feb 2015 00:27 #55693 by newbynobi

My personal opinion is always to have a physical button for feed override and spindle

You are right, but many users do not have that hardware knob.

Norbert

More
05 Feb 2015 00:39 #55694 by DaBit
Seems much better; the standard sliders are a royal PITA on a touchscreen. My XHC-HB04 MPG has the option to control feed/spindle override, but that's not the holy grail either.

I intend to add a few potmeters for those sliders. Using big knobs with a different feel and a feature on them so you can feel the position and type blindly. But it's job# 367 or so on the to-do list...

More
19 Feb 2015 02:04 #56089 by mmprestine
I would like to have this asap. Would it be in the 2.7?

More
19 Feb 2015 05:27 #56101 by newbynobi
i'm not working on this at this time because i am out of time so please be patience.

Norbert

More
12 Apr 2015 00:33 #57687 by jbunch
Norbert,

Instead of a slider for jog velocity how about eliminating the slider (hate them don't work most times). Just make the incremental jog buttons both
incremental and velocity also adding a button that is exported to an input pin for incremental and velocity selection as well .
Add variables for each button to the gmoccapy_preferences file for the velocity that you want on that button. This will work for 90% of all needs and is simple.

Thanks
Jim

More
17 Apr 2015 23:59 #57867 by todmorg
I vote YES on the push buttons as a replacement for the sliders.

The sliders are more of a hazard than a help when using a touchscreen without a mouse, the push buttons would be a very good upgrade.

Todd

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds