Need testers for gmoccapy_5_axis

More
26 Nov 2015 23:31 #65840 by auto-mation-assist
Norbert the links you posted help me a lot. I'm impressed by gmocappy and its flexibility. On my initial install that I did several weeks back I did have a real long line of numbers running through part of the lower left side of the screen. When my new install is completed I will let you know if that line appears again.
The topic has been locked.
More
27 Nov 2015 15:33 #65867 by newbynobi
The longer numbers are caused by a wrong ini entry, if yiu used a older version of stepconf.
Please see the official docu, under known problems.

Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: auto-mation-assist
More
05 Dec 2015 09:16 - 05 Dec 2015 09:18 #66444 by auto-mation-assist
I have had some time to get everything reloaded from "linuxcnc-dev "and the "checkout gmoccapy_5_axis" from the links supplied. When I load my INI and HAL files with axis 5 items commented out it appears the load and run just fine. When I run a identical set of files with axis 5 items uncommented I get a error that there is s problem enabling axis 5 in gmoccapy.

The two sets of files are the same files I used before on the 5 axis version several weeks ago and worked fine. When gmoccapy tries to run on 5 axis it appears to get in a loop and sluggishly starts displaying its screen partially at times if I wait long enough. When it does show its screen on occasion Axis 4 and 5 dro's are side by side instead of one being below the other. One dro window is split into two parts (left being A and right being U). gmoccapy version 2.0.0 is installed.

hm2/hm2_7i80.0: registered
cant resolve path to 'cant resolve path to '''
emcTrajSetAxes failing: axes=5 axismask=4f
Invalid on color value: greeen
/home/john/cnc-source/linuxcnc-dev/bin/gmoccapy:153: RuntimeWarning: missing handler 'on_btn_load_state_changed'
self.builder.connect_signals( self )
**** GMOCCAPY GETINIINFO ****

When I ran it 10 minutes later after terminating the program.

Waiting for component 'inihal' to become ready.emcTrajSetAxes failing: axes=5 axismask=4f
..........emcTrajSetAxes failing: axes=5 axismask=4f
..........emc/task/emctaskmain.cc 2986: can't initialize motion
HAL: ERROR: exit called before init
<commandline>:0: waitpid failed milltask inihal
<commandline>:0: milltask exited without becoming ready
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
hm2_eth: HostMot2 ethernet driver unloaded
hm2: unloading
Note: Using POSIX realtime
Last edit: 05 Dec 2015 09:18 by auto-mation-assist.
More
05 Dec 2015 10:57 #66446 by newbynobi
Hallo fairngs,

The error
seems not to come from gmoccapy, I am pretty sure, it is your config, please post your configs, so we will be able to try to reproduce the error.

The gmoccapy 5_axis version has axis 4 and 5 side by side, I made that to save some place. Are you sure you had a 5 axis version with the dros placed one under the other? If so, that was a very early development release!

Norbert
More
05 Dec 2015 21:05 - 05 Dec 2015 21:16 #66482 by auto-mation-assist
Yes before I had the dros below each other. This was with a manual insertion of the modified and commented file for gmoccapy5 that I pulled of the raw file from the repository. I used it as gmoccapy and gmocappy.py. That complete installation has been removed.

My current 5 axis .ini file and .hal file are attached. I still need to add a tool length routine, probing and some spindle functions.
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Dec 2015 21:16 by auto-mation-assist.
More
06 Dec 2015 02:00 - 06 Dec 2015 02:07 #66493 by auto-mation-assist
I was not really getting anywhere so I decided to remove all files associated with linuxcnc from my computer since I suspect it was potentially mixing different versions of linuxcnc and thus also gmoccapy. I down loaded the development version again using: "git clone git://git.linuxcnc.org/git/linuxcnc.git linuxcnc-dev" and linked it with "git checkout gmoccapy_5_axis". It compiled with some warnings but completed.

When the compile and rip-environment were finished I ran linuxcnc and it started and I was able the see the new tree menu and selected gmoccapy_XYZAB. It started as "v2.7" and ran but before finishing it failed. What is strange is that when I ran linuxcnc again with the cmd "linuxcnc" in the same 'linuxcnc-dev" folder it started to load as "v2.8" and changed the menu tree in debian jessie to the 2.8 version one. No gmoccapy_XYZAB being possible anymore. Presently I have version 2.8 just parked in a folder downloaded from the jepler repository as a zip file and it has not been compiled. I had removed all linuxcnc files with nautilus while it was running in su mode after its search for linuxcnc files was completed.

Some where there must be a file that is causing this. Perhaps the Debian jessie menu tree retained some info even when there was no visible cnc folder present it its tree. But why would it list a change in versions? I will try the "make install-menus " cmd from the "linuxcnc-dev/src" folder to see if that clears this problem.

Here is the first part of the log from the first start and the second start showing changes in linuxcnc versions during two closely timed program starts from the same directory. A file is attached separately for the first start that is more complete.

First start:
john@cnc1:~/cnc-source/linuxcnc-dev/src$ sudo make setuid
[sudo] password for john:
chown root ../bin/rtapi_app
chmod 4750 ../bin/rtapi_app
john@cnc1:~/cnc-source/linuxcnc-dev/src$ cd ..
john@cnc1:~/cnc-source/linuxcnc-dev$ . ./scripts/rip-environment
john@cnc1:~/cnc-source/linuxcnc-dev$ linuxcnc
LINUXCNC - 2.7.0
Machine configuration directory is '/home/john/cnc-source/linuxcnc-dev/configs/sim/gmoccapy'
Machine configuration file is 'gmoccapy_XYZAB.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
Found file(REL): ./core_sim_XYZAB.hal

Second start:
it pulled up this
LINUXCNC - 2.8.0-pre1-1289-g5f9f789
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Dec 2015 02:07 by auto-mation-assist.
More
06 Dec 2015 03:03 - 06 Dec 2015 03:09 #66497 by auto-mation-assist
My last idea using "make install-menus " did nothing for me. I decided just to let my present configuration run and have it copy the "gmoccapy_tool_sensor" sim to my desk top and it ran fine from there. It only has three axis. I copied my 5 axis configure files folder into the "/home/john/linuxcnc/configs/" folder and selected it to run from the menu tree. The overall result is listed below. The mention of "Invalid on color value: Green" mentioned below is likely due to file mismatch and data going into the wrong place within gmoccapy during the process handoff due improper version of the gmocappy file that was automatically installed in /usr/bin/.

hm2/hm2_7i80.0: IO Pin 071 (P3-47): IOPort
None <<<<<<
Invalid on color value: Green
/usr/bin/gmoccapy:153: RuntimeWarning: missing handler 'on_btn_load_state_changed'
/usr/bin/gmoccapy:153: RuntimeWarning: missing handler 'on_gremlin_button_press_event'
Preference file path: /home/john/linuxcnc/configs/cnc1/cnc1.pref
**** GMOCCAPY ERROR : ******** gmoccapy can only handle 4 axis, ****
**** but you have given 5 through your INI file ****
**** gmoccapy will not start ****

Now in looking at the gmoccapy file in /usr/bin/ it only installed the 4 axis version as show below. I imagine that I will have to manually change this and the .py version of this file at various locations to the 5 axis version. I think that the .glade file may also need to be changed in various locations. From my research these were the files with the most recent changes besides the documentation.

self.axisnumber_four = "" # we use this to get the number of the 4-th axis
self.axisletter_four = None # we use this to get the letter of the 4-th axis
self.hide_axis_4 = False # will hold if the 4'th axis should be hidden

The "gmocappy.py" file in /home/john/cnc-source/linuxcnc-dev/src/emc/usr_intf/gmoccapy/
does appear to be the correct 5 axis version as shown below.

self.dro_size = 28 # The size of the DRO, user may want them bigger on bigger screen
self.axisnumber_four = "" # we use this to get the number of the 4-th axis
self.axisletter_four = None # we use this to get the letter of the 4-th axis
self.axisnumber_five = "" # we use this to get the number of the 5-th axis
self.axisletter_five = None # we use this to get the letter of the 5-th axis
self.hide_axis_4 = False # will hold if the 4'th axis should be hidden

There has to be a reason for this installation error. I don't know what to look for in a simple way to check if the ,glade file is proper in all its locations.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2015 03:09 by auto-mation-assist.
More
06 Dec 2015 08:35 - 06 Dec 2015 08:37 #66498 by auto-mation-assist
I have duplicated the change in my configration from v2.7 to v2.8 with no v2.8 presently installed. As soon as I open the linuxcnc configuration selector in the jessie desktop application pulldown it calls up a old v.28 configuration and loads that on the next startup of v2.7. This is without selecting anything in the pull down menu that was installed during a prior install of v2.8.

It loaded this three times with sim gmoccapy 5 axis configures but errors caused it to terminate part way during the runs.

LINUXCNC - 2.7.0
Machine configuration directory is '/home/john/cnc-source/linuxcnc-dev/configs/sim/gmoccapy'
Machine configuration file is 'gmoccapy_XYZAB.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
Found file(REL): ./core_sim_XYZAB.hal

Once I opened the Linuxcnc Configuration selector without selecting anything it changed the load to:
LINUXCNC - 2.8.0-pre1-1295-g58ab506

Once it opens with the above and being pointed to the config ini file in the linuxcnc-dev configure folder I get this:

ohn@cnc1:~/cnc-source/linuxcnc-dev$ linuxcnc /home/john/cnc-source/linuxcnc-dev/configs/sim/gmoccapy/gmoccapy_XYZCW.ini
LINUXCNC - 2.8.0-pre1-1295-g58ab506
Machine configuration file is 'gmoccapy_XYZCW.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
Found file(REL): ./core_sim_XYZCW.hal
Found file(REL): ./spindle_sim.hal
Found file(lib): /usr/share/linuxcnc/hallib/simulated_home.hal
None <<<<<<
Invalid on color value: greeen
/usr/bin/gmoccapy:153: RuntimeWarning: missing handler 'on_btn_load_state_changed'
/usr/bin/gmoccapy:153: RuntimeWarning: missing handler 'on_gremlin_button_press_event'
Preference file path: /home/john/cnc-source/linuxcnc-dev/configs/sim/gmoccapy/gmoccapy_XYZAB.pref
No option 'dro_size' in section: 'DEFAULT'
**** GMOCCAPY ERROR : ******** gmoccapy can only handle 4 axis, ****
**** but you have given 5 through your INI file ****
**** gmoccapy will not start ****

It appears that the above loads some old gmoppay files into vital locations from prior memory. It seems logical to assume that old items hanging on in the system are preventing a good install. I think that the culprid is likely the menu configure process due to it saving old unwanted configuration data with no apparent way to purge it. Does this only occur in Debian jessie?
Last edit: 06 Dec 2015 08:37 by auto-mation-assist.
More
06 Dec 2015 10:52 #66503 by newbynobi
Hallo fairngs,

oh my good, how much information, and the biggest error is in your first post!

You are using a XYZAU configuration, but you use JOINT 0,1,2,3 and 4. The U is joint 6!!!

X = 0
Y = 1
Z = 2
A = 3
B = 4
C = 5
U = 6
V = 7
W = 8

Also you do load a lot of userpanels, please do not implement them, until your basic config does run, as they may cause errors, whitch can only be seen on terminal.

Now lets talk about your mixing of 2.7 and 2.8 and menu starts etc.
if you clone linuxcnc, you get several branches, one of them is gmoccapy_5_axis, another one is master

If you check out gmoccapy_5_axis and compile it, and rip environment and start it from the same terminal your rip_environment, you will get linuxcnc 2.7, because gmoccapy_5_axis is based on that.

If you check out master, and do a make than!!! You have to do a make after each branch change! You will get linuxcnc 2.8.

So I see, you are missing some basics.

so please do the following in a terminal:
cd linuxcnc-dev
git checkout gmoccapy_5_axis
cd src
make clean
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
sudo make setuid
cd ..
. ./scripts/rip-environment
linuxcnc

If all do compile without errors, you will get the linuxcnc config picker screen. Please select from sim folder gmoccapyXYZAB and run that config.

If that does show up, you may begin to switch to your config, but do that step by step!
Start all test from the open terminal, as if you close it, you will need to do again the rip-environment!, and watch for outputs in the terminal.

The messages from gmoccapyy you posted a thread ago, is not complete and the part you posted does not show relevant errors.

Norbert
More
06 Dec 2015 18:57 - 06 Dec 2015 19:43 #66518 by auto-mation-assist
Norbert, I was able to get to get my configuration working and have attached some pictures to show the present selection menu. It does appear that the original selection menu was my biggest issue with its hidden files that retained data from its prior higher linuxcnc version that was installed before. I deleted hidden files that I found to be related to the selection menu tree that referenced linuxcnc and reinstalled the linuxcnc-dev version as per your prior post. I also removed the 4 axis version of gmoccapy that this problem installed.

I do wish that I did not have to go hunting for those files that needed to be removed but I did not feel like building the whole system from scratch again. I will clone the hard drive and continue with the tool length sensor, tool change and probing functions. The homing function in the files I posted are working properly for me on my test bed equipment.

I will try to find some probing functions files somewhere for gmocappy and will see if I can get those installed and working. The only thing that bothers me a little now is that my configuration shows up under the simulation tree. I will try o find a solution for that. I will change the joint to 6 as you mentioned for U. Right now that axis is set to B for testing. It has been a pretty steep learning curve and the end of that curve is still a long way away.
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Dec 2015 19:43 by auto-mation-assist.
Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds