Alarm history tab missing in 1.5.6.1

More
01 Mar 2016 13:42 #70860 by CMB
Hello Everyone!

I am puzzled by the disappearance of the Log Actions button & Alarm History Tab from the settings page in Gmoccapy 1.5.6.1
I have a second system with Gmoccapy 1.5.5.2 (that still had the button & tab active) which I updated by updating LinuxCNC with synaptic and it too lost the button & tab. Also the file Gmoccapy.log located in my config no longer seems to update.

Has this been intentionally removed as a part of the update to 1.5.6.1?

I noticed the button & tab also does not appear in the screenshot named (gmoccapy_settings_advanced.png) located in the new Gmoccapy docs but the doc still mentions Log Actions at the end of section 7.

Thanks,
Chris Buchanan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2016 21:47 #70872 by newbynobi
Hallo Chris,

Yes, I deleted the Tab and Button, as my reserch brought up, that it has not been used.
You sem to be the only user:-)
I do not remember having made somethink tl grap the messages in a file, is it your work?

I have missed to correct the part of the docu, will fix that asap

Norbert

More
01 Mar 2016 23:42 #70877 by CMB
Thanks Norbert,

I'm a new user so I thought initially I had broken something, then after updating I thought it may have been removed intentionally.
The file I'm referring to is located in the machine config directory (named gmoccapy.log) and stores the alarm history for the last session. (Not my work, this was included in 1.5.5.2)

This is not a feature I absolutely need but it could be really nice on a clients machine to assist in troubleshooting. I've built a few machines for clients in the past, with another control, that logged actions similarly and it has proved helpful to be able to see what files were loaded and ran and what the last actions were before the operator shut down the control.

I don't actually prefer the Alarm Tab itself, just the ability to enable logging and store the history file for the last session.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds