GMOCCAPY PLASMA HELP!

More
28 Mar 2016 19:00 #72258 by zer0ul
GMOCCAPY PLASMA HELP! was created by zer0ul
Hi, I have a plasma cutter, and boards made by me, the gmoccapy plasma moves my DIY CNC, X, y Y and Z but I got some problems is give the torch_on signal and take the arc_ok signal from the paralel port. Could someone help me?

All I need is that when I introduce a program made for the plasma cutter to give torch_on signal to the parport pin 09 for example and wait for the arc_ok signal from the parport pin 10 for example, then if the program recieve the arc_ok signal to go on and cut, if not recieve the arc_ok signal to not proceed or display a error mesage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2016 07:26 #72294 by mariusl
Replied by mariusl on topic GMOCCAPY PLASMA HELP!
You need to use a component specially made for plasma to connect those signals. The one I suggest is the THCUD component. Information is available if you use "man thcud". This component will do what you want. There is also a requirement to control the torch height if you use plasma. Without that you are wasting your time.
Also read up HERE to get a better understanding of how plasma use these signals.
Usually a M3 in your gcode will turn on the spindle output and that is used to turn the plasma on. M5 will turn it off but that is where the similarity between spindle control and torch control ends. Have a read on the link above and report back if you need more help.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
29 Mar 2016 10:25 #72306 by zer0ul
Replied by zer0ul on topic GMOCCAPY PLASMA HELP!
Okey, first I have no ideea about thc. Could you please tell me step by step how to do that? In what program modify what and how to do it?

More
29 Mar 2016 15:54 #72339 by mariusl
Replied by mariusl on topic GMOCCAPY PLASMA HELP!
Did you read up on the link that I posted? Please read that first as that will give you a good background on how things work. Then you can ask about programs what and where. If you do not have a reasonable understanding of how the plasma process works, I will not be able to help you much.

Plasma is a beast of its own nature and does not adhere to the cnc rules very well. Please read first.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds