gmoccapy plasma with DIY thc (KGplasma)

More
23 Aug 2016 20:53 - 23 Aug 2016 20:59 #79341 by kagouraki
Hello,

I am building a plasma for my university. I have made so far :

a thc with arduino, an encoder and a 1.8 tft screen

3 rotary switches. One 16 position (lorlin BCK1004) four output for feed override. One 6 position with 3 output(with a MM74HC148N binary encoder). One 16 position (lorlin BCK1004) four output for the mode switch. For the last one i have written a hal component to encode this four outputs to 16 hal pins(each time only one is true). I have intentions to make this mode switch like a fanuc mode switch. more on that later

tweaked the gmoccapy interface to get rid of the unwanted buttons and reorder some things.

Now i am trying to make a user tab that is showing the g code quick reference for the operator. I am not a programmer and python seems very difficult for me so my approach is to find the offline html documents of linuxcnc so i can embed a browser in the user tab. Help is welcomed !
Link: Thc Video
Last edit: 23 Aug 2016 20:59 by kagouraki.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2016 21:22 #79342 by tommylight
Nice, i like the Gmoccapy and i have never done anything with arduino, but i have 2 that i made with PIC16F886 and they work quite good and fast.
I also like the switches and i would like to see how you did the HAL for them, i am way to busy but i have planed to do a nice control pannel with similar switches.
Keep up the good work, Greece .

More
27 Aug 2016 08:55 #79532 by kagouraki
Hello,

I need some help with the glade vcp. I have attached the files. My problem is that if i run
python gcode.py
from terminal it shows my gui as expected. No error in the terminal. If i open gmoccapy and run in terminal
gladevcp -u gcode.py gcode.glade
it opens but there is no browser. and i have this error in terminal.
/usr/bin/gladevcp:212: RuntimeWarning: missing handler 'on_window1_destroy'
  builder.connect_signals(handlers)

it seems somehow that it dont load the python file along with the glade file.
Do i overlook something ?
Attachments:

More
27 Aug 2016 11:04 #79538 by kagouraki

Nice, i like the Gmoccapy and i have never done anything with arduino, but i have 2 that i made with PIC16F886 and they work quite good and fast.
I also like the switches and i would like to see how you did the HAL for them, i am way to busy but i have planed to do a nice control pannel with similar switches.
Keep up the good work, Greece .

i have attached the component i wrote.

Thank you!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
27 Aug 2016 11:56 #79541 by tommylight
I will give it a try, once i have some time. Thank you very much.

More
30 Aug 2016 14:45 - 30 Aug 2016 14:47 #79721 by kagouraki
I have made the gladevcp for the reference. You can download it from the link below. One think that must be done is to change the highlighting of the text founded from the search. Now it is not so clearly visible. I dont know how to do it. If someone can help me i would be gratefoul.
you need to change the python file to edit the paths for the html's folder location.

Now i must make a gladevcp that reads the sim.var file. looks for parameters 100-1100 and reads their values. In the panel i will have a table with 3 colums. One colum the description (this will be a separate file ) one columm will be the number of the parameter and one colum will be the value of the parameter. I think i will take the offsetpage glade and modify it to my needs. We will see. I am not a programmer at all...

Thank you for your help.
Giorgos

Link: This is a link
Last edit: 30 Aug 2016 14:47 by kagouraki.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, KCJ

More
04 Sep 2016 14:08 #80020 by kagouraki
The second gladevcp user tab is ready !
I have done it by my own because the default offset widget has too many things i dont need. I took parts of the offsetcode and made my own.
You can find and test it here. Rename parameters.txt to parameters.py. Embeded in gmoccapy with
EMBED_TAB_NAME = Parameters
EMBED_TAB_LOCATION = ntb_user_tabs
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND = gladevcp -x {XID} -u parameters.py parameters.glade

in the ini file. Place this 3 files except the sim.var in your config directory. You need to have your sim.var file in this directory too and you need to add the lines starting from 100 to 1100 like the sim.var provided. Dont replace the sim.var file unless you know what you are doing. Only edit or replace sim.var file when linuxcnc is not running.

Thank you.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

More
03 Jan 2017 22:04 #85173 by KCJ
Hello Giorgos, very nice work!
I was planning to make a user tab for the gcode reference as well, but have not goten around to it yet. I would like to try yours but the link appears broken.

I'm off to try your parameters user tab now! Thanks for sharing.

Kurt

More
05 Jan 2017 19:47 #85299 by kagouraki
The embended reference is not working and i have no time to look at this so i gave it up. The parameters how ever work very well.
I hope you enjoy !

More
05 Jan 2017 20:01 #85301 by KCJ
OK I will have a go at making an embedded g-code reference. I will let you know if I get it to work.

Your parameters tab works great and I'm enjoining it. Thanks!

Kurt

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds