Z postive drive allowed while in postive limits

More
11 Oct 2016 21:22 #81566 by auto-mation-assist
I’m running Linuxcnc v8.1 pre with gmoccapy 2.1.3. on Debian Jessie.

I ran into an issue which appears to be associated with the check box “ignore limits” is not being cleared for my positive direction drive on the Z axis when its checkbox is unchecked.

When testing limit switches all appeared to work properly with the machine going to the stop mode. When the “ignore limits” box is checked and the machine is turned back on and the Z-Axis is driven out of limits the movement is proper. Then when the “ignore limits” box is unchecked and the machine is stopped and turned back on it no longer responds to the Z-Axis positive limit switch and the drive motor can drive the Z-Axis into the positive side mechanical limits. The negative limit switch still functions properly by stopping the machine when its limit switch is activated.

Pushing the MIDI button clears the problem with the positive drive being allowed when the positive limit switch is tripped. Thus I think that the “Ignore limits” function could be staying active for the Z-Axis positive drive direction at times even when its box is unchecked.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2016 15:50 - 21 Oct 2016 15:57 #81916 by newbynobi
Sorry for the delay of my responce,
Does that happen only for the Z axis?

Please watch the corresponding hal pin, do they change correctly the state?

I am not able to reproduce that here on my machine.

Norbert
Last edit: 21 Oct 2016 15:57 by newbynobi.

More
22 Oct 2016 02:07 #81933 by auto-mation-assist
Norbert, This problem has not appeared for me again so I cannot figure out why this happened. I will let you know if it occurs again and perhaps have more details. Since you could not duplicate this I suspect that the cause of this may have been some sort of local problem.

More
22 Oct 2016 10:14 #81935 by newbynobi
Glad to here that !

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds