Gmoccapy - Run from the line

More
13 Oct 2016 19:37 #81625 by probamo
@Norb,

just went out from the workshop after finishing one 3D model on my machine. I faced one issue you might help me to solve it.

In fact the process of finishing was too long, hence I stopped the machine in certain time yesterday at the desired position of the tool. Today I wanted to continue from the line I remembered yesterday. Machine started exactly at the position I stopped yesterday without any problem, BUT with the feed, in my assumption 5 times slower then normal, though feed rate was displaying programmed one. I stopped again, restart computer, reload everything once more, set up everything, start from the line again, the same result got.

Then I decided to go in INI file of my machine, and change display from ''gmoccapy'' to ''axis''. After being machine homed, set all parameters once more, this time in ''axis'', run program from the line, machine started to run in programmed feed rate, and the speed was normal.

Is there any wrong setting from my side in gmoccapy, or there is still something to be tuned in gmoccapy? Can you please test it on your own, run some program, stop it and restart from the line to see if same happen to you? I run LinuxCNC 2.7.7

Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2016 09:55 #82250 by probamo
@Norb,

this morning I save tool-path three different environments. One is with G64 P0.01 included, the other one with G61 included, the last one without any of above mentioned.

Starting the machine without G61 or G64, it run the same way as with G61. Lot of rough moves, noisy shaking here and there. When I started code with G64 in it, it run smoothly almost noiseless.

When I found machine behaving starting from the certain line, I did not notice if machine was running in G61 instead of G64 environment. Could you please check it, if that was case, meaning program did not see line where G64 was indicated, but take run as G61?

Thank you,

More
30 Oct 2016 11:22 #82252 by newbynobi
Hallo Probamo,

unfortunately I can not help with your issue, as this is not caused by gmoccapy. The GUI only takes the line number and passes the information over to LinuxCNC as start from line parameter.

Than I part of LinuxCNC (IMHO the interpreter) takes over to control the movements.

I Know, there has been some discussion about run from line and there has also been some improvements.
Unfortunately I do not remember if that has been done in master or 2.7.

Sorry.

Norbert

More
30 Oct 2016 12:52 #82254 by probamo
OK Norb.

Reason why I put it in ''gmoccapy'' was when I switched to ''axis'' by replacing display in ''ini'' file, it worked as I was expecting in ''gmoccapy''.

Will see once there is 2.8 in the air if that would be case anyway.

Thank you and have a nice afternoon.

Regards,

More
01 Nov 2016 21:51 #82329 by newbynobi
Hallo Probamo,

If there is a difference between both GUI, it is not OK!
Could you post the file and the line to start from?

I will debug the missbehavior!

Norbert

More
02 Nov 2016 12:42 #82343 by probamo
That's why I raised issue here, though. I cannot upload file, the size is 6.8 MB, zipped one 2.1 which is more then permitted 1.6 MB.

Maybe you can try any you generated by your CAM apps.

Kind regards,

More
02 Nov 2016 21:16 #82357 by newbynobi
Please send email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Norbert

More
02 Nov 2016 21:36 #82358 by probamo
You should be received. I do not remember the line number. You could check from line 286071, or so, or fill free to cross check from any random chosen line.

Regards,

More
13 May 2018 19:08 #110698 by grijalvap
hi

I'm working with gmoccapy GUI, but can't run from a specific line, do you know how to, I can see any button, even do the use run from line is enabled in the advanced settings

any help appreciated

More
13 May 2018 20:09 #110700 by grijalvap
Hi
the problem has been resolved
thanks

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds