Pathpilot on 5i25 + 7i76 config issues -> can't get past eStop lockout

More
14 Mar 2017 14:20 #89588 by smgvbest
well over on eevblog we always say check power first. dooh!
since we have confirmed you can see the pin change, if you don't see it in pathpilot, there's something up with the hal file.
hopefully everything works off the bat now and you're golden
More
16 Mar 2017 14:59 #89744 by Dubmfg
Even after a reinstall I was unable to use HALWATCH or HALSCOPE to see the input pins changing status unfortunately. I decided to switch over to LinuxCNC natively for now and approach this at another time.
More
16 Mar 2017 15:53 #89749 by Lcvette

Dubmfg wrote: Even after a reinstall I was unable to use HALWATCH or HALSCOPE to see the input pins changing status unfortunately. I decided to switch over to LinuxCNC natively for now and approach this at another time.

Sounds like you are battling pretty hard to get path pilot working. Seems to be hit or miss whether people are able to get it working easily or end up fighting with it. I wish I understood it more clearly but I'm hoping that after getting a feeling for configuring LinuxCNC​ and proofing my hardware, wiring and connections that it will be a little easier getting Pathpilot working. I think you are on the right track, flush out any outside issues and get the machine running and then come back and attack the pathpilot configuration. I'm assuming this is on your G0704?
More
16 Mar 2017 16:33 #89751 by Dubmfg
Yup, for the 0704. I have my jog pendant and limit switches/coolant/estop all working happily in Linuxcnc now. I have to bang out some work then when I have time to tinker again I'll get back to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette
Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds