Tweaked Probe Basic UI fails to launch

More
27 Oct 2022 23:30 #255258 by andypugh
I have been playing about with it trying to answer another forum post, and the answer seems to be "yes, but"

A T-command does populate #<_selected_tool> and #<_selected_pocket> correctly.
But if you _remap_ T then you don't get these parameters passed in to the T remap. Which is rather a pain for a lathe tool remap.

It's not the end of the world, as a Python prolog can be used to get the info. (And maybe I am missing something)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2022 23:44 #255260 by andypugh

That would simplify things greatly if it works like that.  Carousel could be given the value of #<_selected_pocket> and it just goes there with no fussing or macro gymnastics.

By the way, "carousel" gets the pocket number from a HAL pin, not a G-code parameter. It should just work with iocontrol.0.tool-prep-pocket connected to carousel.0.pocket-number

More
28 Oct 2022 01:16 #255266 by spumco

That would simplify things greatly if it works like that.  Carousel could be given the value of #<_selected_pocket> and it just goes there with no fussing or macro gymnastics.

By the way, "carousel" gets the pocket number from a HAL pin, not a G-code parameter. It should just work with iocontrol.0.tool-prep-pocket connected to carousel.0.pocket-number

As usual, I mimremembered the connection scheme and phrased it inexpertly.

So based on the above, a tool change .ngc file could be even simpler - just the various head/slide/drawbar movements, safety checks, and the carousel enable signal(s).

I'll have to try this one out and see if my existing sequence can be vastly simplified.

Last question for this tangent: what updates the tool table pocket number when a tool is installed in the spindle then put away in the carousel?

More
29 Oct 2022 22:20 #255411 by andypugh

Last question for this tangent: what updates the tool table pocket number when a tool is installed in the spindle then put away in the carousel?

I think it is iocontrol that shuffles the internal database. I am not sure when that get written out to the tool file. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
30 Oct 2022 02:21 #255418 by spumco
Thanks.  When I get the screen sorted out and back on finalizing the ATC, I'll continue in my other mega-thread and report back.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds