XYUV foam cutter sim

More
28 Jul 2012 19:40 #22566 by jblain
XYUV foam cutter sim was created by jblain
Hello,

I am putting together an XY UV foam cutter.At the moment the hardware is working and only misses a few switches (home limits estop etc) to be complete.

In the meantime. I have used the supplied sim configurations that you get with LinuxCNC as a starting point and have come up with the attached sim configuration for my machine. This simulator runs quite well, except for the homing sequence. When I hit the Home All button in Axis I do get the sim machine to go to a fully homed state. However, it does so in a weird way and only for the X and Y axis.

Instead of what I would expect : The axis slowly go toward the home switch, I see the axis jump almost instanteneously to the home position, without regards to the ini file homing parameters.

Also, if I try to get the U V axis homed, they move in the wrong direction ?

Would anyone have suggestions as to what I am doing wrong, I am a bit stumped right now..

Regards

JBlain

File Attachment:

File Name: uppercut.zip
File Size:9 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2012 10:35 #22581 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Re:XYUV foam cutter sim
Hi

Have a look at what the other sims do to simulate homing.

The file simulated_home.hal only deals with XYZ so you will need to adapt it

regards

More
29 Jul 2012 18:44 #22593 by jblain
Replied by jblain on topic Re:XYUV foam cutter sim
that is what i did in the attached modified simulated_home.hal file. That is exactly what I am struggling with. As far as i can figure it out my new simulated home file should do the work.

As a matter of fact if I run the old one with my machine I pretty much get the same strange homing behavior so I am really kinda stuck...

Regards

JBlain

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds