[solved] M66 P1 L4 Q24000 this command can make gcode iterruption?

More
11 May 2017 10:56 - 31 May 2017 09:35 #93014 by bkt
Excuse me seems a stupid question, but I have a machinery that this line after half an hour or perhaps an hour waiting to stop the code. Is there a mistake somewhere else or can this happen because the set values ​​are incorrect? For example, is the time entered too high?
M66 P1 L4 Q24000

for some reason these machine stop at that row but only sometime, and only after the M66 pause of 30/60min .... not find the solution to these situation (I use a mesa card so i/o signal not seems a problem and I plan to insert a galvanic isolator to make the cause of the noise out of the question.).

regards
Giorgio
Last edit: 31 May 2017 09:35 by bkt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2017 12:26 #93017 by PCW
That is supposed to stop and wait until input 1 is low (or time out in 6.666 hours)

I would look at the hal inout 1 signal with watch, halmeter or halscope and see if it behaves as expected

More
11 May 2017 15:32 #93028 by bkt
Thanks for reply.

already done some month ago ... it seems all ok, but the problem exist. So I asked to remove any doubt.
I was afraid there was a limit to the time that you can set. I buy the isolator today.

Regards.
Giorgio

More
11 May 2017 17:12 #93035 by PCW
If its a noise issue, debouncing the signal should fix it, no hardware needed

And I'm not clear on the exact issue

Are you saying input 1 is low but the M66 still waits or that the input is high and M66 doesn't wait long enough?

If you want to check if long waits work independent of the hardware, just tie the input high with a setp in hal
and it should wait 6.666 hours (the 24000 second timeout) before proceeding

More
11 May 2017 21:33 #93051 by bkt
the second one: the input is high and M66 doesn't wait long enough..... but really after only 30 or 60 min (1800 - 3600 sec) the program stop sometime and sometime all work fine.

regards
giorgio

More
11 May 2017 22:58 #93055 by PCW
I would try debouncing the signal, it sounds like a noise issue

More
12 May 2017 11:52 #93073 by bkt
the 7i77ISOL maybe arrive to my office next tuesday ... I can use it for 7i76 too or exist 7i76isol?
In these case I use a 7i77 card ... but I plan to add these isolator to all my machine So I ask you these new info.

Sorry I use these wrong channel to make an other request, because your answers are faster here than on other side.

You suggest me to use vertical terminal blocks on 7i77 ... your block is phoenix contact or other brand? ... this in order to find the right terminal. The phoenix seller suggested other types of terminal (my side, mesa side is ok). Best for my purpose .... but I'm sure the builder who does yours has similar solutions as well. Unfortunately I did not understand what brand they are. I would not like to find myself with any kind of coupling problems so I would prefer to use the same brand's clamps .... If I was too intrusive, please reply to my mail. (i send you a request for to have more hight terminal block for insert 7i77 into a box but with terminal outside the box trough a windows, you suggest my vertical terminals).

next week after instal isolxx renew these post with result.

regards
giorgio

More
12 May 2017 14:04 #93086 by PCW
The 7I77Isol only works with the 7I77

Note the the 7I77 (and 7I76) field I/O is already isolated so this is very unlikely to make any difference
with your M66 issue

You can order top entry connectors from Mesa

More
13 May 2017 10:22 - 13 May 2017 10:26 #93130 by bkt
Ok I understand ... no matter ... I will have more confidence not to create disconnections between 6i25 and 7i77 ... but yesterday on a machine I have in test i have a pin on a 7i77 that goes on and off every 1.3 Sec / 1.5 sec ... stay on 0.3 seconds than go off ... sometime the mesa pin does not see the on statement .... I control with halshow ... electrical level of ON is 24.3V electric level OFF = 0.2V ..... the signal comes out from a PLC .... and I also monitored that .... when the PIN mesa does not go away in ON state .... to make this happen again I have to take off the wire from the terminal and reconnect it again ... so everything resumes running.

this time the code is similar but I use L3 instead L4 ... but the problem is halshow result not Lx....

some ideas?

Top entry that you suggest me is less hight than I would. I need al lest no less than 30mm from board terminal. I find pre-cable terminal ...

regards
Giorgio
Last edit: 13 May 2017 10:26 by bkt.

More
13 May 2017 13:08 #93138 by PCW
If the 7I77 does not see a 24V input, something very basic is wrong,

If a 7i77 input hal pin (hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.input-xx or hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.input-xx-not)
does not match the input state that suggests that there may be a connector problem
(this can be checked by measuring the input voltage on the back of the 7I77 card)

Anothe rpossibility is that you have lost communication with the 7I77 card, Do you have sserial errors when
this occurs? is the sserial run flag still true?

What version of linuxCNC are you running? There were some sserial error handling fixes somewhere early on the 2.7
range

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds