Ethercat HAL driver

More
14 May 2019 18:58 #133783 by chimeno
Replied by chimeno on topic Ethercat HAL driver

k-1 wrote: Sorry guys ... probabily I've posted mine last in wrong place .... I need some info about latency and Ethercat ... I need to run ethercat to 0,250 ms .... and I not understand if these result of latency is enought!

Can anyone reply to me about? Thanks! The link of mine probabily wrongplace to post (here in lcnc forum).

regards

Hi K-1, I would also like to know if, I really do not know how it can be calculated, I do not know if the variable lcec.read-all.time or lcec.write-all.time can tell you something? , Regards Chimeno
The following user(s) said Thank You: k-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2019 19:02 #133784 by chimeno
Replied by chimeno on topic Ethercat HAL driver

ryucz wrote: Hello, i scored many I/O terminals from older machine, that was scrapped. Problem is, that these are K-Bus (KL1002/KL2012 for example)

I have a bus coupler BK1120 for them. Up and running in TwinCAT everything is working fine.

BUT

I sucessfully installed linuxcnc-ethercat and i can see my coupler in slaves. I've read somewhere, that K-Bus is not "transparent" to ethercat master, so i guess that's why i see ONLY my coupler.

Looking through code of linuxcnc-ethercat, it seems to have compatibility only for E-Bus devices (EL.... etc)

Is there any possibilty to "talk" with K-Bus terminals and coupler?

Hello, at the beginning of starting with ethercat, I was also asked if K-bus could work, I remember it was not possible, but you can ask in the Etherlab IGH Ethercat forum if anyone has got it, Regards
Chimeno

More
17 May 2019 19:23 - 18 May 2019 17:15 #134086 by k-1
Replied by k-1 on topic Ethercat HAL driver
@chimeno Sorry, not install the itgh lib. But in these thay I install it so I can reply to you. For now latecy test runnung at same condition for 2 days without problem .... during thse days we have a storm too :)) ... and value not change and not have errors ... so I TRY TO make a test on 0,15 ms .... and i have an error after some minutes ... so the previousone is valid.!!!
Last edit: 18 May 2019 17:15 by k-1.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds