XHC LHB04B-4: fails to detect - SOLVED

More
22 Nov 2019 16:03 #150936 by islander261
Travis

I have been using that same pendant for over two years now without any problems. I initially had problems but one of the developers fixed a file in the package and it has been smooth sailing. I have a RIP install and have used both 2.8 and 2.9 (current). My machine is running LMDE2 which I think is Debian Jessy based (I had to compile a custom real time kernal to support it, don't try it is a PITA. Others will need to help with installs as I am just a script follower.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2019 16:16 #150938 by travis036
was the fixed file in the main 2.9 package?
if so, that may be an easy fix. (big maybe)

~Travis

More
22 Nov 2019 16:52 #150948 by islander261
Travis

I believe both 2.8 and 2.9 contain the correct files. I have updated both numerous times and did nothing to get the pendant to work.

John

More
22 Nov 2019 18:02 #150956 by travis036
Ok, now i am getting somewhere. updated via buildbot to 2.9.... and when i start LinuxCNC, the new pendant works briefly, then goes back to idle ("Lost RF" screen). my guess is that now i just have to configure it.

if you don't mind, could you post the pertinent bits of your configuration?

if necessary, my config files for LinuxCNC 2.9... are here: github.com/travisfarmer/my-linuxcnc-conf/tree/linuxcnc_2.9

many thanks for your help thus far!

~Travis

More
23 Nov 2019 13:12 #151042 by travis036
is there anybody that knows how to setup this pendant? how to configure it?

~Travis

More
24 Nov 2019 10:43 #151098 by travis036
i am kind of feeling like either nobody knows how to setup this pendant, or that it is believed that i am supposed to already know how to do it... :(

at some point today, i have an idea to try. where the pendant works very briefly, that whatever HAL component is needed to use the pendant may already be loaded. i will comment out the config entries for the old pendant, and see what happens. maybe check the HAL monitor, and see what pops up. :unsure:

~Travis

More
24 Nov 2019 13:47 #151112 by tommylight
never used them, but,
start linuxcnc from a terminal with that config and check the error messages, it should say something about why it lost connection.

More
24 Nov 2019 14:24 #151115 by travis036
ok, thank you! i will be heading out to the CNC shed in a bit, and will try it then, and report back.

~Travis

More
24 Nov 2019 15:26 #151117 by travis036
Man, 28degF out here in the CNC shed!

ok, ran LinuxCNC via terminal, and other than some communication errors related to my VFD (not turned on right now, connects via RS485 USB thing). i tried turning the pendant on and off, with no messages on LinuxCNC (terminal). this leads me to believe the pendant is not detected at all, and the "data" it displays is simply an anomaly from turning it on.

~Travis

More
24 Nov 2019 16:32 #151122 by travis036
is there a HAL module that has to be loaded for the pendant to work?

~Travis

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds