Odd Forum behavior

More
17 Oct 2011 05:02 #13962 by whampoo
Odd Forum behavior was created by whampoo
Hi all,
I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem but when I do a search on the forum I get some hits and then I click on the closest problem/answer related to my questions and the page comes up blank. Once this happens I have a heck of a time getting back to the forum main page. Sometimes I can click the back button a few times and I will get back to the main forums list, other times I just keep getting a blank screen. I have tried this in both winbloze exploder and Firefox and I see the same result. I see the same behavior if I am logged in or not. Is there some kind fo glitch in the site someplace causing this or can I not click on the search results to get to the information ? I have been using the post date and going thru the categories to find the results I searched on but this it taking forever to get the information I need and I don't really want to repost another question that has been answered. This has been happening for a while, I thought maybe there was some work being done when I first signed up. I am hoping its not just me... not sure what is causing this I tried with the pop-up blocker on and off same results as well. I am including the error console information below. I am not looking to open a can of worm but .... :(

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'float'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: www.linuxcnc.org/component/option,com_ku...func,search/lang,en/
Line: 0

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'text-transform'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: www.linuxcnc.org/templates/linuxcnc-float/css/template_css.css
Line: 305

Thanks,:blink:
Joel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2011 07:23 #13963 by kostas
Replied by kostas on topic Re:Odd Forum behavior
You're not alone, that's for sure. My solution to this behavior for Firefox is, going to the address bar (like I'm typing what's already there) and press enter. Page shows up.
I just tried IE and it works with a page refresh on the blank screen.

You can also try a "site:linuxcnc.org <search term>" with google. Broadens your results by all of linuxcnc.org, but it's a useful trick. If the forum was on a separate hostname, like for example "forum.linuxcnc.org", this google search would work better.

More
17 Oct 2011 18:04 #13992 by whampoo
Replied by whampoo on topic Re:Odd Forum behavior
Thanks Kostas

That seems to work, annoying but it works and its better than looking at a blank white screen.

:laugh:

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds