job size smaller than drawing

More
04 Jun 2010 22:17 #3068 by zardasht
hi
i just finished my first cnc machine thanks for emc2 of course , i tested the machine every thing went good apart of one thing which is the size of job smaller than drawing .
stepper motor nema 6.35mm shaft and thread bar 12mm

i need you your help please .
thanks
zardasht

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2010 12:15 #3073 by Rick G
Sounds like you need to adjusts the SCALE setting in your INI file. Start by making a 1" move with a MDI command and measure how far the machine actually moves. If it is different from 1" then adjust your SCALE setting and retest.
You could also check the numbers you input when you used Stepconf and adjust there.

Rick G

More
08 Jun 2010 20:25 #3090 by zardasht
hi Rick G
thank you for your replay .
i would be grateful if you tell me how adjusts the SCALE setting in ini file.
thanks

More
09 Jun 2010 10:10 #3092 by Rick G
Hello,

If you used stepconf to create your files, and you have not modified them you can run stepconf again and edit some of the settings. If for example the x axis is only moving half the distance you expect it to try editing some of the settings in to x axis set up page. If you try to make a 1" move and the machine only moves 1/2" you know your movement is off by 50%. In this case if you have the pulley set up for 1 to 2 ratio change it to 1 to 1. Or if your micro setting is set at 10 change it to 5 etc. Check your mechanical settings and reenter them. You could also edit your ini file directly, open it and look for SCALE that is how many steps emc is making for 1 unit of movement (in my case 1 inch). The larger this number is the smaller the machine movement will be. Again if this number was 1500 and your machine only moves 1/2 the expected distance then divide this number by 2 and enter 750. Keep in mind if you edit this way it will also effect other items such as your travel speeds so it is probable best to make all your changes in stepconf.

Rick G

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds