What about expansion of topics on the forum?

More
31 Mar 2021 20:47 #204291 by aleksamc
It seems that forum audience extremely expand.
Also to make refit of some machine, you need to have knowladge in servodrives and as in my situation in repairing of old servo.
What do you think about expanding forum in some new aditional topics, for example
- power electronic devices (that include servodrives, stepper motors, freaquency drives, problem solvement and their repairment)

May be other topics about programming (linuxcnc, C++, python, micronotrollers in junction with linuxcnc, so on), how do you think?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2021 21:13 #204302 by tommylight
3D printers would be nice to have it's own section,
I would also add RPI and it's siblings it's own section, mainly because it would be easier for me to skip it altogether ! :)
Arduino projects related to Linuxcnc NOT using USB, but used for example to read analogue voltage and convert to frequency ( got reminded by Elisa in another topic)
The following user(s) said Thank You: aleksamc

More
31 Mar 2021 21:28 #204309 by BeagleBrainz
I think Arduino/USB has it’s place. Definitely not related to motion control but replicating joystick/keyboard control pendants.

Anyone that mentions USB motion control or argues that Linuxcnc must support it should have to do some sort or meaningless task for redemption.

Maybe a subtopic for each of the more popular Mesa cards ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
01 Apr 2021 21:04 #204430 by BigJohnT

BeagleBrainz wrote: Maybe a subtopic for each of the more popular Mesa cards?

That may be a good idea and help folks find info faster on their card. However in fairness to Jon we would need the same thing for Pico cards.

JT

More
01 Apr 2021 22:32 #204444 by tommylight

BigJohnT wrote: However in fairness to Jon we would need the same thing for Pico cards.

+1

More
02 Apr 2021 05:46 #204459 by aleksamc
I wrote a lot of topics in general "linuxcnc cnc question", this topic really consists a lot of different information that could be told "unsorted data".
CNC has a lot of braches that could be discusses separetly, I think.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds