quoting when repying on the forum

More
16 Nov 2021 18:46 - 16 Nov 2021 18:47 #226672 by jmelson
Wow, something has changed in the way quoting is done when replying to forum posts.  I used to do it with indenting, I think.  Now that didn't work, and I tried using left square bracket quote right square bracket and left square bracket slash quote right square bracket

but it took these out whenever I saved the message.
Anybody know what is going on?
Thanks,
Jon

Last edit: 16 Nov 2021 18:47 by jmelson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2021 19:20 #226673 by Michael
The forum has been very glitchy. I noticed when trying to edit a post in which you had embedded "code" that after the edit a bunch of text that wasn't intended to be in there was now in the code box.

More
16 Nov 2021 19:36 - 16 Nov 2021 19:37 #226675 by snowgoer540
The forum has been a bit buggy since the update that was done back in August? when emails stopped working as an effort to try and fix it. 

One of the specific issues is that when editing posts, it tends to take all of the / closing code and dumps it at the end of the post.  Then you have to place them all back manually... 

At any rate, I noticed on their github that there were a lot of bug fixes in October.  So maybe it would go away with another update?  Or maybe it would get worse...... :laugh:
Last edit: 16 Nov 2021 19:37 by snowgoer540.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ikkuh

More
27 Feb 2022 05:38 #235892 by hairy
I like many thing in this forum, but one thing has bothered me from the beginning, is that, normal non quote messages appear in that box with borders, it quickly seems that it's quoted even it's not. And therefore, i would hope that eventually you offer alternative layout option, where normal and quoted messages are differentiated more distinctively.

Thank you!

More
27 Feb 2022 13:14 #235910 by robertspark
it's a pain to re-edit a post where all formatting goes wrong, especially if there is a quote block in it.   

it's manageable on a pc/ laptop with a keyboard and mouse but on a touchscreen only device (android phone) I give up on re-editing posts

More
27 Feb 2022 14:02 #235917 by tommylight

it's manageable on a pc/ laptop with a keyboard and mouse but on a touchscreen only device (android phone) I give up on re-editing posts

Same here.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds