forum editor sucks

More
20 Nov 2021 09:31 #227059 by ikkuh
forum editor sucks was created by ikkuh
It's quite perplexing that so many users of the Kunena forum software are complaining about the editor.

www.kunena.org/forum/search?query=editor...te=all&childforums=1 are just a few I could find quickly. But there are many many more complaints. The editor is unworkable and makes a mess of messages.

Since there are no answers from Kunena themselves I did a little research. It looks like it is the theme that is causing all the problems. Maybe somebody can look into that?

I wonder why LinuxCNC choose Kunena, I have very good results with phpBB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2021 17:31 #227206 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic forum editor sucks
I agree that it is terrible, but clicking on theĀ "source" button allows you to to type the tags manually.

The tags all get moved to the bottom if you re-edit, still, but at least in "source" mofe you can see them to move them back.

More
23 Nov 2021 13:20 #227403 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic forum editor sucks
Kunena was chosen a long time ago back in 2006, Our website is based on Joomla so the forum is an extension of Joomla. Hopefully a fix for the editor is in the works.

JT

More
23 Nov 2021 15:44 #227415 by Aaroncnc
Replied by Aaroncnc on topic forum editor sucks
I hope so, the spell checker sucks, i can see in my browser that its red but it cant fix it i have to select the spell check button then wait then the editor gives me the suggestion.

And trying to type on mobile is so bad.

I hope what ever is switched to is a bit more mobile compatible.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds