want to post a job / contract

More
21 Oct 2010 03:33 - 21 Oct 2010 03:34 #4767 by tallenintegsys
We are a working on a new type of wind turbine. We are interested in either having some foam core parts made or buying a 4 axis hot wire machine. We are a Linux shop (except AutoDesk) and have plenty of expertise, for example I am an embedded systems designer, but we don't have manpower to build a machine from scratch. Essentially we are looking for a couple grad students who want to make a quick buck preferably making some foam core parts (hot wire cutting some polystyrene or something similar) and / or selling us a four axis hot wire cutting machine, it doesn't have to be wonderful, it just has to more or less work. For now I would prefer the former but we will soon need the latter when we get our next round of funding.

Please feel free to post this elsewhere on the site etc.

Thanks,

-Tim

Tim Allen,
COO IntegPhone, Inc.
Secretary, WestwindPower, Inc.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2010 03:34 by tallenintegsys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2010 14:17 #4775 by tallenintegsys
In the light of a few hours sleep I realize the intent of my forgoing post is nebulous at best.
I was hoping to elicit responses such as:
yes, this is an acceptable post, and I we have created a "jobs" category under which you may post.
or
no, zark off!

My posting here does involve the thought of saving some money, but it also reflects the realization that relationships matter. While I could use an existing firm to do this, we would send them the job, send them a couple grand, get our foam cores, and that would be the end of it. If we use a couple grad students (or a hobbyist) and if we're successful (in getting our next round of funding) we want to build a factory (In the US...gasp!). I'm gonna need more of these machine tools. I'm not interested in the IP on the tools that's not our product line.

In closing we could build these machines ourselves, but then again I'm trained as a Physicist, I practice as an embedded systems designer, but I just spent most of yesterday doing accountancy.

Please take a moment to read this and offer a suggestion,

-Tim

More
21 Oct 2010 14:57 #4778 by andypugh

My posting here does involve the thought of saving some money, but it also reflects the realization that relationships matter. While I could use an existing firm to do this, we would send them the job, send them a couple grand, get our foam cores, and that would be the end of it. If we use a couple grad students (or a hobbyist) and if we're successful (in getting our next round of funding) we want to build a factory (In the US...gasp!). I'm gonna need more of these machine tools.

I confess that building the factory in the US is not terribly important to me (I am in the UK) but if you are willing to work with Germans I think that this design could be trivially scaled to any arbitrary size: (the builder is active on these forums)

www.cnc-hotwire.de/

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds