preguntas sobre 5axis bridgemill configuración

More
24 Jan 2019 16:01 #124742 by JDS
Hi, I'm new to the forum although I have been doing a lot of searching on it recently. I'm fairly new to cnc. I built a DELTA 3d printer 2 years ago and have been using it steadily since then, about 6 months ago I built a bridge mill and now have it working great.

The past couple of weeks I have been working on adding a rotating and tilting spindle to make it a 5 axis xyzbc srt bridgemill. I have the b and c attachment design almost complete and have been looking into how to control it with linuxcnc. I don't know if I have read to much(if that's even possible :silly: ) but I feel like I am more confused than when I started. My main question is can I use the vismach 5axis in the sample configs and modify it for my needs? Is that already set for TCP control? I have read some of the documentation on setting up TCP kinematics but I am lost as to weather or not its already implemented and if I have to change anything to make it work for my needs.

I apologize if this isn't in the right section. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2019 14:59 #125173 by andypugh

The past couple of weeks I have been working on adding a rotating and tilting spindle to make it a 5 axis xyzbc srt bridgemill. I have the b and c attachment design almost complete and have been looking into how to control it with linuxcnc. I don't know if I have read to much(if that's even possible :silly: ) but I feel like I am more confused than when I started. My main question is can I use the vismach 5axis in the sample configs and modify it for my needs?

The Vismach setup is a simulator so only actually moves the onscreen machine model.

It is probably better to initially configure your machine as a simple XYZAB cartesian machine. Once you have that working then you would change "trivkins" in your model to be a 5 axis kinematics.

One issue: I am not sure that we currently have a 5-axis kinematics that is particularly suited to dual-motor gantry-style axes. (this isn't an issue with the Vismach model as it isn't real.

You might need a slightly modified version of one of the 5-axis TCP kins, but it should be an easy modification.

A kinematics file looks like this
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...ics/xyzbc-trt-kins.c

To drive a second joint for the second gantry motor you would, ideally, add a JX2 output to be identical to JX1.

But, the initial answer to your question is, yes, TCP / TRT is built-in to LinuxCNC, If you are using the development version of LinuxCNC (which makes sense with a non-trivkins machine) and if you have a two-motor gantry then you might want to look at making a special kinematics module.

More
30 Jan 2019 23:45 - 30 Jan 2019 23:49 #125351 by JDS
I had a feeling it would not be the way to do it.

I am using the latest development version of Linuxcnc( I actually just upgraded after reading that its better suited for bridge mills). I have set up a basic XYZBC machine. Is there any documentation on modifying a kinematics module, I don't know much about these things but I can learn things fairly quickly if needed.

I did modify the linuxcnc post for fusion 360 so that it puts out TCP g-code(following a few other post to figure it out). If I use that I shouldn't need any special kinematics module correct?

I also have a few questions about vismach, what would be the best category to post that under?

Thanks
Last edit: 30 Jan 2019 23:49 by JDS.

More
31 Jan 2019 00:28 - 31 Jan 2019 00:29 #125358 by Hakan
The documentation here linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/motion/5-axis-kinematics.html can be a starting point.

When using tcp code from fusion360 you do need a suitable kinematics module, trivkins is too trivial in that case.
Andy linked to a suitable tcp kinematics module. There are several such modules for five-axis machines included in linuxcnc. One of them ought to work. Not sure exactly where to find them on the system, I am on the ipad and can't search right now.
Last edit: 31 Jan 2019 00:29 by Hakan.

More
31 Jan 2019 10:36 #125381 by andypugh

Is there any documentation on modifying a kinematics module, I don't know much about these things but I can learn things fairly quickly if needed.

linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/motion/5-axis-kinematics.html

It might be useful to look at the old version of trivkins. That makes it very clear that there are two functions, KinematicsForward and KinematicsInverse, one maps joint positions to axes, and the other does the reverse:

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/2.6/sr...inematics/trivkins.c

With that in mind, look at the TCP 5 axis kinematics that I linked to:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...ics/xyzbc-trt-kins.c

I think that all you need to do is to add a joints[JX2] to the KinematicsInverse that exactly matches the joints[JX] and choose which numerical joint number that will be. The mapping between axes and joints is set in the #define statements near the top of the file.

More
31 Jan 2019 14:58 #125392 by pl7i92
Is the TCP 5Axis open to the Axis so a XYZAC will be posible also
With the AC mounted on the Y Axis

More
31 Jan 2019 15:13 #125395 by andypugh

More
02 Feb 2019 17:15 #125554 by JDS
I have 2 Y motors. Should I add a joints(JY2), or does it not matter and I should make joints(JX2)

Thanks

More
03 Feb 2019 18:16 #125593 by andypugh
Make it JY2.

More
27 Jun 2019 10:44 #137986 by pl7i92
i did make it flow install today within the 2.9 master from buildbot
no problem to get the system setup quickly all kinetics now in master

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds