NativeCAM is Features renamed

More
18 Apr 2017 14:59 #91583 by grijalvap
grijalvap replied the topic: NativeCAM is Features renamed
Ok.
So, basically the way to go is to migrate to Gmoccapy or other GUI?
More
24 Apr 2017 12:21 #91956 by FernV
FernV replied the topic: NativeCAM is Features renamed

gmouer wrote: I am loving NativeCam. I know it was mentioned that new additions are in the works. I have a request, could 4th rotary axis indexing be added? I am speaking of indexing only, not live 4th axis 3d cutting. I suppose it would need a preference to define if the rotary axis was A, C etc.

Hi George,

If you mill setup has A axis configured would you try this demo and tell me if it looks right ? The tool rotates but the path looks strange. Is it normal ?

File Attachment:

File Name: a-indexing.xml
File Size:27 KB

You could also try with axis_9axis.ini

Fern
Attachments:
More
24 Apr 2017 19:11 - 24 Apr 2017 19:13 #92000 by gmouer
gmouer replied the topic: NativeCAM is Features renamed
Hi Fern,

I have a project underway on the mill right now so won't be able to try it for a few days. (4th axis not installed right now)

Where do I install the file? Will it give me a icon to pick it as other features do? I am using NativeCam quite a lot now but am pretty unfamiliar with the underlying structure and code.

Your work is extremely appreciated!
George
Last Edit: 24 Apr 2017 19:13 by gmouer.
More
24 Apr 2017 20:24 #92008 by FernV

gmouer wrote: 4th axis not installed right now

Then you should try it with axis_9axis.ini

gmouer wrote: Where do I install the file? Will it give me a icon to pick it as other features do?

This is basically a demo. Simply open it as a project. A few things will not look right because your lib is not updated.

Next release will be a MAJOR update

Fern
More
28 Apr 2017 03:54 #92244 by cncnoob1979
cncnoob1979 replied the topic: NativeCAM is Features renamed
I have been trying to solve this on my own all night.. no avail :) I just installed NCam latest and configured it embedded.

I am getting this error no matter what I do.. I'm sure its something that I am doing or not setting correctly. I'm using the latest git pull from FernV github with linuxcnc 2.8~.

The error Im getting is "Named parameter #<_lead_out_fact> not defined"

I have:
a workpiece
a change tool
and a circle of .875

The tool Im using is .5 endmill.

Nothing odd about what I'm doing. I have tried a clean install of linuxcnc and NCam. This fails on either axis or gmoccapy.

I have checked and rechecked my setup. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

INI attached below;
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Attachments:
More
28 Apr 2017 04:15 #92246 by absolut15
absolut15 replied the topic: NativeCAM is Features renamed
hi cncnoob

i have the same error with my machine.

i fixed it with "adding a g-code "

line 1 = #<_lead_out_fact> = 0 (you must try what is the best lead out mode for the thing you milling at the moment)

you can see the different modes in the dro.

hope i can help a bit
The following user(s) said Thank You: cncnoob1979
More
28 Apr 2017 09:55 #92251 by tommylight
tommylight replied the topic: NativeCAM is Features renamed
I have the similar problem on the LATHE part, it does not have an xml template so i just copied one that was close enough.
Basicaly that means that the named parameter is missing on the template.
Anyone got a working lathe template?
Mill and plasma work perfectly for me.
More
28 Apr 2017 13:41 #92271 by FernV

cncnoob1979 wrote: The error Im getting is "Named parameter #<_lead_out_fact> not defined"

Sorry about this, I removed this parameter because it did not show very usefull but it seems the clean-up was not complete.

Use what was proposed by absolut15 for a quick fix :
Add gcode, line 1 = #<_lead_out_fact> = 0.5 (change the value at will)
GCode must be before your Circle

It is just a matter of a few days for a new major update, maybe this week-end

Fern
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, cncnoob1979
More
28 Apr 2017 13:53 - 28 Apr 2017 14:04 #92273 by cncnoob1979
cncnoob1979 replied the topic: NativeCAM is Features renamed
Great! Thanks FernV,

I love using this software. Thank you for creating it and the time it takes to develop and support us!
Last Edit: 28 Apr 2017 14:04 by cncnoob1979.
More
28 Apr 2017 14:08 #92274 by gmouer
gmouer replied the topic: NativeCAM is Features renamed

FernV wrote:

gmouer wrote: I am loving NativeCam. I know it was mentioned that new additions are in the works. I have a request, could 4th rotary axis indexing be added? I am speaking of indexing only, not live 4th axis 3d cutting. I suppose it would need a preference to define if the rotary axis was A, C etc.

Hi George,

If you mill setup has A axis configured would you try this demo and tell me if it looks right ? The tool rotates but the path looks strange. Is it normal ?

File Attachment:

File Name: a-indexing.xml
File Size:27 KB

You could also try with axis_9axis.ini

Fern

Hi Fern,
I did not have much luck getting the demo to run. Truth is that I have no experience yet with actually using a 4th axis with linuxcnc. The toolpath displays for 4th axis work are not something I have gotten a grasp of yet. I wish I could be of more help.

Andy Pugh has a 4th axis he has shown and also is far more experienced, maybe he could proof the NativeCam 4th axis operation.
Moderators: Rick G
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds