Help with Homing

More
04 Jan 2012 01:04 - 04 Jan 2012 01:07 #16278 by unitedfollowers
So I have a setup where I have two switches on the X and Y axis. I haven't decided on the Z axis setup yet. I want to use both switches as limit switches but also as a homing switch for during homing.
I've tried to home but I end up getting joint errors or the axis keeps trying to go past the switch (it does recognize the switch and pause, but continues with opposite or throws a joint error with same setting)

I'm not quite getting how I should set these up in the StepConf wizard.
In StepConf, I added the pins for these switches as Home Switch + Max Limit Switch.
As an example for my X axis, I put the table travel as 1 in to 29in. The home switch is located at .5 in. , the home location as 2 in, and the latch as opposite originally (tried same too), and search vel at .1 in/s
I'm not sure if these values are what they should be, because the switches in my setup are located at the physical ends of the axis movement. I want to limit the movement of the axis in software (table range) to be within these switches.
When I tried homing with these values, (under opposite) it hit the switch I wanted, paused, but then tried to continue past the switch instead of backing off. When I tried with same latch it just stopped and threw a joint error.

My stepper motors do work properly bidirectionally, I've tested them with StepConf and with the AXIS interface.

What's the most simple way to get my axis to touch the switch (in either latch case) and then head to my home position that's within my table travel?

Also, any ideas for my Z axis setup? I was thinking to have a switch for the upper limit but having it home to a metal plate on the bottom using the bit as a conducting piece. That way I could home it to the floor of the machine and then go up to the height of the material.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2012 01:07 by unitedfollowers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2012 02:19 #16281 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Re:Help with Homing
see if this explanation helps:
www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/compo...id=32&id=12146#12197

I take it your x travel is 28 inches?

More
04 Jan 2012 03:03 #16283 by unitedfollowers
Replied by unitedfollowers on topic Re:Help with Homing
Yeah about 28 in, I'll take a look at that thanks

More
05 Jan 2012 04:00 #16320 by unitedfollowers
Replied by unitedfollowers on topic Re:Help with Homing
I've figured it out, I was not thinking as my table travel in negative and positives as I should have.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds