Homing stops immediately

More
01 Jun 2012 04:28 #20546 by maxvdh
I'm now trying to get homing set up and get my servo PID loops tuned. For some reason, when I click "home axis" for X, Y, or Z in AXIS, that axis quickly jumps in the appropriate direction and then stops and displays the symbol next to the positoin readout that it is homed. It does not travel all the way to the home switch and it has not tripped an estop or anything. I have verified that the home switches work as I expect and axis.0/1/2.home-sw-in become true when the machine runs over the home switch. If I keep pressing home until it actually passes over the home switch, it will ignore the switch and continue the same behavior until it hits the limit switch. Why doesn't it properly complete the homing sequence? HAL and INI files attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: maxvdh_lin...51073.gz
File Size:5 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2012 07:48 - 01 Jun 2012 08:08 #20551 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Re:Homing stops immediately
Hi

Looks like you are missing several things from your .ini file for each axis.

eg
HOME_OFFSET = 0.000
HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 3.5
HOME_LATCH_VEL = 1.5
HOME_SEQUENCE = 0
or similar

I think that if you don't define SEARCH and LATCH VEL they default to 0 which will home immediately

You need to read linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/config/ini_homing.html

regards

PS Don't use the values above if you are using imperial, I am using metric!!

PPS The axis should not move at all but that may be down to your unfinished tuning
Last edit: 01 Jun 2012 08:08 by ArcEye.

More
01 Jun 2012 16:55 #20574 by maxvdh
Replied by maxvdh on topic Re:Homing stops immediately
Thanks, that looks like the right information.

More
01 Jun 2012 17:02 #20576 by BigJohnT
The one important thing that I have failed to put in that section is where to connect the home switch input to in HAL... darn manual guys dropped the ball.

axis.N.home-sw-in IN BIT Should be driven TRUE if the home switch for this joint is closed

John

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds