Install problems with Ubuntu 8.04 with emc 2.3 liv

More
06 Mar 2010 20:47 #2217 by kgill
When I did my first install with the Ubuntu 8.04 with emc 2.3.x it went smooth. Then when I was not able to see what the IRQ was for the setup of emc2 (I had disabled the Ethernet port in bios so was not able to download device manager to see the IRQ #). So then went to do a fresh install with the Ethernet port enabled and was not able to get the Live-CD to not crash during boot-up. It would start to load the kernel and then go to the ash shell and freeze. I am able to install the latest Ubuntu 9.10 and Ubuntu 8.04.4 without emc 2.3.x but not the live-cd. Any ideas? I am new to all of this and working on my linux skills as I go. I would just download emc 2.3.x but not able to get the ethernet active inside of 2.3.x but it is active in 9.10.

Any ideas?

-kgill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2010 21:13 - 06 Mar 2010 21:15 #2220 by acemi
Maybe this is related with the realtime kernel which has no support for ACPI
EMC needs the realtime kernel to work
If so, you need to compile a new realtime kernel with ACPI support
Last edit: 06 Mar 2010 21:15 by acemi.

More
06 Mar 2010 21:18 #2221 by kgill
I did install the first time tho. I was also able to install windows and then install Ubuntu 8.04 with emc 2.3 live from within Windows. This is not what I am wanting tho. I was also not able to get the Ethernet port interface running when doing this.

-kgill

More
08 Mar 2010 20:45 #2242 by kgill
I changed the ACPI setting in the Bios from S3 (Better power consumption witch is the default) to S1 (Uses more power) and no luck. How would I go about compiling a new realtime kernel with ACPI support? Or, is there something else that might be wrong?

-kgill

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds