LinuxCNC Install using MX Linux 19.4 - Geared Toward New/Windows Users

More
27 Sep 2021 00:40 - 27 Sep 2021 00:41 #221670 by spumco
Back to the drawing board...

LCNC is installed, and Axis/Gmoccapy sims work.  But any Qtvcp screens throw error messages:

[attempted Woodpecker screen]
Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qtvcp/qt_makegui.py", line 135, in qrccompilesubprocess.call(["pyrcc5", "-o", "{}".format(qrcpy), "{}".format(qrcname)])File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 323, in callwith Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 775, in __init__restore_signals, start_new_session)File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 1522, in _execute_childraise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'pyrcc5': 'pyrcc5' During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/woodpecker/woodpecker_handler.py", line 104, in <lambda>STATUS.connect('interp-idle', lambda w: self.set_start_line(0))File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/woodpecker/woodpecker_handler.py", line 972, in set_start_lineself.w.lbl_start_line.setText('1')AttributeError: 'VCPWindow' object has no attribute 'lbl_start_line' 

[different error attempting QTDragon HD]
Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qtvcp/qt_makegui.py", line 135, in qrccompilesubprocess.call(["pyrcc5", "-o", "{}".format(qrcpy), "{}".format(qrcname)])File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 323, in callwith Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 775, in __init__restore_signals, start_new_session)File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 1522, in _execute_childraise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'pyrcc5': 'pyrcc5' During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/qtdragon_hd/qtdragon_hd_handler.py", line 94, in <lambda>STATUS.connect('override-limits-changed', lambda w, state, data: self._check_override_limits(state, data))File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/qtdragon_hd/qtdragon_hd_handler.py", line 523, in _check_override_limitsself.w.chk_override_limits.setChecked(False)AttributeError: 'VCPWindow' object has no attribute 'chk_override_limits'

Anyone know what these mean and how to sort it out?  Or should this be moved to a different sub-forum?

Thanks,
Ralph
Last edit: 27 Sep 2021 00:41 by spumco.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2021 00:50 - 27 Sep 2021 00:51 #221671 by snowgoer540
I'm not very familiar with either of those GUIs...

Does the qtplasmac sample screen that the docs tell you to try work?
Last edit: 27 Sep 2021 00:51 by snowgoer540.

More
27 Sep 2021 01:03 #221674 by phillc54
If you have successfully run the Qt install script:
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...tml#qt_modify-config

then it may be best to post on the QtVCP section.
forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
27 Sep 2021 01:12 #221676 by spumco
qtplasmac starts up with no errors.

qt install script has been re-run with no errors reported in the terminal session.

A few of the QT sims now work, but Woodpecker threw an error during shutdown.

I'll start a new topic in qtvcp, thank you for the guidance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
28 Sep 2021 11:53 #221737 by bevins
OK this is nice. Installed no problem. I didnt see the rt kernel get installed. 
and uname-a doesnt show it. Which rt kernel do I need to compile?

More
28 Sep 2021 11:59 #221738 by snowgoer540
I think you just missed a step.  It’s in the second pdf, section 4, step 19.

More
28 Sep 2021 12:03 #221739 by bevins

You didnt say I had to read everything..... lol

More
28 Sep 2021 12:08 #221740 by snowgoer540

You didnt say I had to read everything..... lol

haha it's like making cookies, only the good news is when you forget to add the baking soda, you can fix it later, instead of finding out after you have inedible wafers with chips in them and it's too late :laugh:

More
28 Sep 2021 12:13 #221741 by bevins
WOW, Great job man. pretty fast and lite window manager also I find.

More
28 Sep 2021 12:15 #221743 by bevins
I have a working plasma on linuxmint 19. I didnt update it cause I was afraid it would break. But I need top get it to the latest QTPlasmaC.
Should I install MX using this method and copy the config folder over? Would that work?

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds