configuration of TB6560 controller & variants

More
05 Jul 2013 21:43 #36342 by ArcEye
Hi

pfefferhaxen wrote:

Maybe someone of the LinuxCNC-developers can add this TB6560-configuration-values as a new machine profile in the next LinuxCNC-update.

The problem with these boards is that there is no standard. What works for yours will not work for another board apparently the same

A lot of boards are sold as TB6560, but in typical Chinese style, some are probably rip offs of the originals and there are a number of pin-out variations.

IvarV wrote:

I recently bought the TB6560 driver aswell, but i can't seem to get it to work with the settings provided.
LinuxCNC crashes on startup if i use these settings. If needed i can propably provide the crash code(s) but is there a simple explanation why it won't work?

Search the forum with 'TB6560' in the search by keyword field and 'cncbasher' in the search by user name field.

He has built up a reluctant expertise with these boards (he hates them), there are links to wikis, sample configs, pin outs, manuals etc in the various posts

If you can't get going through these, then yes we will need the precise error messages etc.

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2013 22:07 #36343 by cncbasher
post your hal and ini files as an attachment and let us know what errors you have ,
or problem .

More
11 Sep 2014 20:19 #51078 by scuntu
Hello everyone,
I'm from Italy and I don't speak English well, sorry about! Before deciding to disturb you, I've read dozens of posts looking for answers to banal questions I am going to make you, be patient please. One week ago I installed Ubuntu 10.04 with 2.5.4 LinuxCNC to control, through a TB6560 3 axis blue, only two small Nema 17 stepper motors on a much smaller old Unimat lathe. I downloaded the file attached and moved to home / 'MyName' / LinuxCNC / configs. Now, what will shock you, I still cannot figure out if I have to:
- Open the .ini and .hal files of the attached, change the axes number, name etc, and simply insert the modified files in the sim folder because then automatically I'll find the new parameters in my lathe-configuration;
- Change the parameters of the .ini and .hal files (and which?) that already are in my sim folder with the new parameters;
- Create a new axis folder outside the sim folder and insert the attached files;
- Stepconf open and insert the parameters there.
Maybe this post has to be published in a first-step topic, my apologies again.... but it seems that the manuals do not involve cases of incompetent users as I am.
Thank you

More
11 Sep 2014 21:56 #51087 by cncbasher
first of all back up your current config and make an archive !

make a new folder under configs and copy your working files
then you will probably only need to copy the hal file for the tb6560 into that folder

or better still compare the 2 files and you will instantly see where the differences are ( use gedit as a text editor is all you need , and perhaps print them )
and then change your copy , it's mostly the Parallell port pin numbers that will need to be checked
and the enable , other than that it's probable that your origional file will stay the same

you will then have learned more about linuxcnc which is a bonus
and ask if you are not sure , but attach your files as an archve to your posts , it make it a lot quicker and easier for members to help
and see where you are struggling
The following user(s) said Thank You: scuntu

More
20 Jan 2015 02:36 #55178 by 1qay
Hi!
I just bought what seems to be tb6560, but at first look it is bit different. I google web and finde no such cart. It is simmilar to standard tb6560, but peaces are rearanged. Does anyone have that board type and have tryed to configure it? I do not wish to start all from scratch...
Tnx.

Dave
Attachments:

More
21 Oct 2015 19:11 #64048 by bwg
I have a feeling that Amplifier Enable switch is contributing to this situation. But I need to learn more about this software to iron it out. For instance, I have seen these configuration files before. But I don't really know how to use them. Should I just plug them into the folder for my linuxcnc configuration and bypass stepconf program? Also, I notice that this rf-30 does not mention amplifier enable at all.
I guess it mainly boils down to my studying up on hal configs. The documentation seems a little sparse but I probably am just looking in the wrong place.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds