How to install gmocapy?

More
17 Jan 2017 19:47 #85987 by Holzwurm56
Hello,
i want to use gmocapy. In the pnccont i can not see gmocapy. Can i erase axis and write gmocapy in the ini? Will gmocapy
then works? Or is there a other way to install gmocapy necessary? I use wheezy with 2.7.8.

Thanks

Hans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2017 20:51 #85997 by BigJohnT

More
23 Jan 2017 17:46 #86491 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic How to install gmocapy?
Hallo Hans,

just change axis with gmoccapy. If you get problems just ask here.
It is better to change also from hal_manual-toolchange to the gmoccapy toolchange. It is documented in the link John posted.

Norbert

More
22 May 2017 09:16 #93467 by dewayne
Replied by dewayne on topic How to install gmocapy?
Hello reading how to Install Gmoccapy refers to the Install ISO because it is included there?

Dumb question but I have downloaded the Source to LinuxCNC and compiled it. Is all the Components from source included in the Source files or do I ned to directly download the Gmoccapy Ver 2 parts I see referd to here. If so where is it? Thanks All

More
22 May 2017 09:20 #93468 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic How to install gmocapy?

Hello reading how to Install Gmoccapy refers to the Install ISO because it is included there?

Dumb question but I have downloaded the Source to LinuxCNC and compiled it. Is all the Components from source included in the Source files or do I ned to directly download the Gmoccapy Ver 2 parts I see referd to here. If so where is it? Thanks All

Gmoccapy is now bundled with LInuxcnc. I'm using master branch though but pretty sure its in 2.7 as well. Basically, you just need to change one line in your .ini file (plus some tidying up)

More
22 May 2017 09:27 #93470 by dewayne
I take that is the display AXIS to GMOCCAPY

This is getting fun, I am happy i got forced into it myself now. What I have been looking at is I have Mint_Cinamon 18.1 running and now my 22 Del is working would be nice to get it in Portrait mode which Cinamon Supports the Touch Screen is working well as a Touch Screen but none of the touch suff like muti touch is working but really I do not need that any how.

More
22 May 2017 11:37 #93473 by rodw

I take that is the display AXIS to GMOCCAPY

Correct. Took me all of 10 minutes but Gmoccappy plasma uses a few seperate HAL files so I had to tweak the INI to load them as well. Now I think it would be very difficult for me to go back to Axis as I have bound stuff so tightly to Gmoccapy python and glade files.

More
22 May 2017 14:09 #93477 by dewayne
Rodw, What version of LinuxCNC and Gmocccapy are you running. As I read it seems that Gmo Ver 2.x is linked to LinuxCNC 2.8X

am I correct on this?

If I am Correct pre version 2.x of GMO can O go to 6Axis with it?

DeWayne

More
22 May 2017 18:30 #93495 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic How to install gmocapy?
gmoccapy does not support 6 axis, it is limited to 5 axis at the development state.

Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: dewayne

More
22 May 2017 19:25 #93498 by rodw

Rodw, What version of LinuxCNC and Gmocccapy are you running.

DeWayne

I'm using Master 2.8 (actually the experimental external offset branch. (dgarr/external_offsets)

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds