Adding real time modules to pathpilot possible?

More
23 Oct 2017 22:05 #100700 by DaOne
I would like to add a couple of modules such as "mux4.ko" to pathpilot. How would I go about getting or creating these files to work with pathpilot?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2017 00:13 #100707 by smgvbest
2 ways i can think of since pp is based on 2.6.0~pre you can find a CD for that and use the modules from it or build your own as needed.

second is get the PP source disk from Tormach (cost me $10) and make a dev environment from it so get modules.
thats what I did for the some modbus drivers

More
24 Oct 2017 16:36 #100752 by DaOne
I tried doing this with 2.6.13 with classic ladder following this guide...

forum.linuxcnc.org/pathpilot/31483-classicladder-in-pathpilot

No joy. Is there a specific version required?

More
24 Oct 2017 16:42 #100753 by smgvbest
Yes, PP was built with 2.6.0-pre I mentioned above. realtime modules as I understand are linked to kernal and rtia they are built for

FWIW - I found 2.6.0-pre searching with google

More
24 Oct 2017 16:54 #100754 by DaOne
Sorry I am very green when it comes to linux. I found the 2.5 live dvd with lucid 10.04. I could not find a 2.6.0 - pre version. I installed 2.5 but I am having troubles updating that to 2.6.0 - pre. I updated all the sources on the install so it will update via the package manager. 2.6.13 is the version it gives me. I assume there is a way to upgrade to the specific version via the terminal. I am having trouble locating that. Maybe you can help? Sorry I am learning :)

More
24 Oct 2017 17:14 #100756 by DaOne
Everything I have found points me here...

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/2.6/html/common/Updating_LinuxCNC.html

That only allows the latest 2.6 from what I can tell?

More
24 Oct 2017 23:45 #100766 by andypugh

I would like to add a couple of modules such as "mux4.ko" to pathpilot. How would I go about getting or creating these files to work with pathpilot?

Does Pathpilot have the "halcompile" or "comp" (we changed the name) command? If it does then it should be relatively easy.

More
25 Oct 2017 00:06 #100767 by DaOne
operator@tormachpcnc:~$ halcompile
halcompile: command not found
operator@tormachpcnc:~$ comp
The program 'comp' can be found in the following packages:
 * mailutils-mh
 * nmh
Try: sudo apt-get install <selected package>
operator@tormachpcnc:~$ 

Is this where I would look?

More
25 Oct 2017 00:21 #100769 by andypugh
No. You don't have it.

(the unhelpful message about "comp" is the reason the name was changed to "halcompile")

Is there enough shinyness in Pathpilot to make it worth all this pain?

More
25 Oct 2017 00:47 #100770 by DaOne
Well, I have a 9x20 lathe I converted over from manual to Mach3 to pathpilot. (so this is a big step up) I have everything working but my MPG and my physical cycle start / feed hold buttons. I really need mux4 for the MPG. The buttons I will do in hal with what I have to work with. I have used classic ladder before and its a great addition for when I add a tool changer. Now... The reason I am in love with pathpilot is the ease of use. Its straight forward. I have 2 sons that want to learn to use it and I feel with this interface I can get them up to speed fast. I love to learn as well and this has been a big learning experience. I figured out how to get my old elo touch screen going that was serial by turning on the serial ports they turned off and editing a few files to make it all work. Even the calibrate feature in pathpilot works. So I am way too close to give up now :) Also someone else reported that classic ladder is working so I wanna get it working on this machine as well for when the time comes. Any help is much appreciated. :)

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds