PlasmaC torch starting problem (Solved with help from the famous three)

More
14 Mar 2020 23:09 #160231 by tommylight

Thanks for the feedback Tom. I have already tried setting the "OK low volts" to 90v I take it that OK low volt IS the same as min arcok

Yup, that should be it.
Sorry, i am a bit behind on.......everything.
Oh BTW, my dog died a few days ago.
Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2020 23:22 #160234 by Clive S
Very sorry to hear that Tom as I know you was very fond of it .
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
14 Mar 2020 23:39 #160236 by phillc54

I made 3 small circles with shapes and array I saved the gcode to the standard folder and then edited it with G4 P15 after the first cut to see if the 15 sec delay (ie long enough for the air to stop and volts get to zero) but when this was reloaded it purged the g4p15 out of the code. So how can I get a pause in the code between the cuts to test ?

I "think" this is a workflow thing.

When you save an array it creates a new file with the name you gave it. It keeps the original array which is a temporary file loaded in LinuxCNC so if you go Reload it will only reload the temporary file. If you want to use the file you created you will have to Open that file.

More
14 Mar 2020 23:40 #160237 by phillc54

Oh BTW, my dog died a few days ago.

Sorry to hear that Tom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
15 Mar 2020 01:23 #160242 by tommylight
Thank you guys.

More
15 Mar 2020 01:33 #160243 by tommylight

Very sorry to hear that Tom as I know you was very fond of it .

I never had to worry about leaving the house or the workshop alone, just the sight of a 100 pound Rottweiler is enough to make most humans have bad dreams, for a long time! :)
It just did not get better, despite many visits to the Vet, it had lost weight by the time you visited, by the end it was pitiful to look at.

More
15 Mar 2020 08:23 #160265 by Clive S

I made 3 small circles with shapes and array I saved the gcode to the standard folder and then edited it with G4 P15 after the first cut to see if the 15 sec delay (ie long enough for the air to stop and volts get to zero) but when this was reloaded it purged the g4p15 out of the code. So how can I get a pause in the code between the cuts to test ?

I "think" this is a workflow thing.

When you save an array it creates a new file with the name you gave it. It keeps the original array which is a temporary file loaded in LinuxCNC so if you go Reload it will only reload the temporary file. If you want to use the file you created you will have to Open that file.

If I understand correctly the array is saved to a different folder than the standard NGC one. I saved the file under a different name to the desktop and edited that, I then shut the PC down and restarted and checked that the G4P15 was in the file on the desktop and opened that file.

Does the PlasmaC purge the G4P15 from the code?

More
15 Mar 2020 08:46 #160266 by phillc54

If I understand correctly the array is saved to a different folder than the standard NGC one. I saved the file under a different name to the desktop and edited that, I then shut the PC down and restarted and checked that the G4P15 was in the file on the desktop and opened that file.

I didn't think it did and I have just tested it here and it works OK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
15 Mar 2020 08:53 #160267 by Clive S

Thanks for the feedback. I will go out and test again.

More
15 Mar 2020 11:16 #160281 by Clive S

Thanks for the feedback. I will go out and test again.

Yes of course you are correct :) But I was using pierce only and it was that, that was getting rid of the G4

I have now confirmed that putting a delay of 15 secs in the gcode between the cuts works fine. So the problems is with the plasma cutter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds