Manipulator Robot IRB6-S2 Simulation - pre

More
22 Mar 2016 18:44 #72045 by robottom
Hi jstoquica,

awesome! Looks very good. Can you tell more how you did it. When you talking about a python did you create a stand alone python program or something embedded. For the latter case what GUI you are using (AXIS or something else).
I'm not very experienced in python. Can you send me your test program and how you integrate it.

Many thanks, Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2016 15:20 #72096 by jstoquica
Hi robottom,

1. Copy a new folder of any default project (.../configs/puma/). Like Puma or Puma 560 for robotic arms.
2. Copy the python file (vismach simulation) to be edited later. (/usr/bin/*.py)
3. Edit the *.py file with the custom design.
4. Test the simulation with halrun -> loadusr /usr/bin/*.py
5. Edit the name and the DOF hal signals in the python simulation in the *.HAL file /configs/new folder.
6. Copy some kinematics file for your custom machine. Like pumakins.c
7. Edit the kinematics parameters in *.c file.
8. Edit Makefile in the the linuxcnc source for your actually version. (.../usr/Makefile)
8. Then you have to compile the *.c file with the source package. (vim .../build/docs/INSTALL)
9. Run linuxcnc in RIP environment (Run In Place)
10. Test your configuration.

I hope that basics steps help with your project. Regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
26 Mar 2016 09:25 #72176 by robottom
Hi jstoquica,

thanks - at least most of what you are writing I hopefully understand. I'm already running my puma 560 with a newly compiled system with a modified pumakins/genserkins and the python with the vismach Puma 560 simulation in parallel. So I would be able to add another python program.
What I would need is a kind of a normal robot control for control commands in a xyz frame.
Sounds like you can do this from the python program. Is this correct? If so do you have a documentation of a library of python functions that you can use for the robot control?
What I'm aiming for at the end is something where I can use a g-code as it runs today in the axis GUI but break the control loop somewhere after the g-code interpreter before it goes into robot position control to inject own positioning (not doing exactly what is in the g-code but using the g-code position as a basis for my own position calculation).
But this is a very specific request. What would help is first to have a posibility to control the robot from an own program with high level robot control functions.
Would this be possible from the python. If yes where to find the function library I can call from the python to control the robot with high level commands (reusing the complete trajectory planning, and all the basic HAL stuff).
When I got you right then the moves we see in your youtube video are done out of a python program - correct?

Many thanks for your thoughts,
Thomas

More
27 Mar 2016 15:12 #72212 by jstoquica
Hi robottom,

Are you talking about GUI interface?

If It is, I use and edit the PUMA GUI interface. I added some HAL meter values like display, It was made with *.xml file in the config folder from my own program. I created some additional variables for do that, and I linked the new *.xml variables with HAL variables in the HAL simulation file.

When I got you right then the moves we see in your youtube video are done out of a python program - correct?

I did it with individual joint control of the edited PUMA GUI. I have to test with G code next week, with a G program.

Is It your question ?

If you want edit GUI interface or create a new one, It is possible with python code, linked your HAL variables with your new python file (interface). But until now I don't need it.

Regards.

More
31 Mar 2016 14:52 #72477 by robottom
Hi jstoquica,

I'm not sure if I understood you. Is "PUMA GUI interface" refering to the simulation screen where you see a model of the Puma arm (what might be implemented in Python) or are you talking about the AXIS GUI of the LinuxCNC that is used when you just copy the Puma configs comming with LinuxCNC. You said "I created some additional variables for do that, and I linked the new *.xml variables..." sound for me like the puma.xml file that comes with the standard puma config. Via the puma.xml you add additional screen elements to the AXIS GUI (e.g. meters or buttons or leds) which can also be used to control the joints of the robot.
Would be nice if you can attach a screen shot of the GUI so it is easier to imagine what you did.

Many thanks,
Thomas

More
04 Apr 2016 11:43 - 04 Apr 2016 11:43 #72698 by jstoquica
Hi robottom,

sound for me like the puma.xml file that comes with the standard puma config. Via the puma.xml you add additional screen elements to the AXIS GUI (e.g. meters or buttons or leds) which can also be used to control the joints of the robot.

Yes, It is, but only for see some kinematics parameters.
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 11:43 by jstoquica.

More
20 Apr 2016 19:08 - 20 Apr 2016 19:13 #73659 by jstoquica
Hi everyone,

To test and validate the industrial robot kinematics, a G/M file was executed, where LinuxCNC controller can control the manipulator to follow a predefined path.

I let the youtube link video for you can see the final result.

Regards.
Last edit: 20 Apr 2016 19:13 by jstoquica.

More
03 Jun 2016 13:42 - 03 Jun 2016 13:42 #75425 by jstoquica
Hi Everyone,

In the first video a G program was generated according to tool positions. The relative tool positions were recorded through python program who saves in a plain file the world coordinates.

In the second one there is another way to validate the robot kinematic with a repeatability study, where the same G program is executed many times in the same conditions.

I let the youtube link video for you can see the applications.

Regards.
Last edit: 03 Jun 2016 13:42 by jstoquica.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
04 Sep 2016 14:08 - 15 Sep 2016 14:10 #80019 by jstoquica
Hi guys,

You can see the 5 DOF manipulator searching its original home position with a joint sequence in the video.

Regards.
Last edit: 15 Sep 2016 14:10 by jstoquica.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, thefabricator03

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds