How to write HAL logic with Motion and Offset pin?

More
22 Aug 2016 03:34 - 22 Aug 2016 05:58 #79230 by giantstone
The THC config controls Z axis via HAL pins. In my understanding I need a real physical pin's signal to do it.
but my "signal" to control Z axis is from a python script that runs some functions on camera images. I dont know how to bridge this signal to a HAL pin signal in a python script in real-time while linuxcnc is cutting things.

btw, how do i make C axis tangent to the cutting path using dmap2gcode?
Last edit: 22 Aug 2016 05:58 by giantstone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2016 14:30 #79425 by giantstone
Hi Tom,
somehow dmap2gcode produces very strange Gcode,
please take alook at my depth picture and the Gcode,
the G code is like thousands of thousands lines....
something must be wrong.
Attachments:

More
25 Aug 2016 15:11 #79430 by Todd Zuercher
Sorry, but I can't make any sense out of what your code is, or should be. I can't even figure out what is supposed to be going on in the jpg, let alone the g-code, yuck what a mess. the g-code looks like some sort of raster file but something doesn't seem quite right. Do you have a vector file of the cuts, or a 3-d mesh of the shape you want? And maybe I just don't understand what you are trying to achieve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giantstone

More
25 Aug 2016 15:18 #79432 by giantstone
Hi Todd, thanks for your quick reply.
Please take a look at the new pictures.
Picture 1 is a fur with cut lines,
and picture 2 is only the cut lines.
I want to make a G-code that performs the cuttings,
( I'm trying to generate the G-code from dmap2gcode,
i tried a lot different parameters and all with no luck. )
Attachments:

More
25 Aug 2016 16:27 #79434 by Todd Zuercher
Ugh, nope, still don't get it. (I just don't understand the process that needs to be done. Which is OK since I'm not a furrier.)

More
26 Aug 2016 00:43 #79452 by tommylight
Here we go,
dmap2gcode can do quite good depth maps, but not from that picture, the best i could get is attached as 21.ngc
inkscape can do all kinds of image manipulations, but not from that picture. See attached 2.jpg.svg and the resulting gcode as output_0002.ngc.

They are both useless.
I also have to agree with Todd, i still do not know what are you trying to do so we keep running in circles.
One idea that came to mind is: you need this to cut leather, so have a look at national geographic how it's made about bently or rols royce, and see how they do that............manually mostly, and with cnc cutters.
Let's try and figure some things,
what or how are you getting those cut images ???
why do you have lines cutting through several pieces of "fur" ? that looks like a lot of waisted material.
if it is actual fur, how dense and how long are the hairs? do they hinder the cutting blade ?
if it is fur, cutting with rotary tools is out since they will mess up the spindle in about 3 minutes flat,
a round drag blade can be used for that, but it will also cut the hairs near the edges
..............................???????????
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds